Former President Jerry John Rawlings has launched yet another scathing attack at colleague former President, John Agyekum Kufuor over HIV, poverty and population explosion in the country.
The man noted for what many Ghanaians describe as ‘boom’ speeches, said the selfish and backward thinking of the former president is to blame for poverty among Ghanaians because of his campaign for uncontrolled birth which has dragged the country into the bosom of poverty, MyNewsGh.com reports.
“I remember when we were doing well and even during elections or preparations for elections….and I go round campaigning and would still be talking about HIV/AIDS and I would still be talking about family planning. When NPP would be doing nothing but promising this…Kufuor promising that to the extent he went far and urged Ghanaians to give birth to more children”, he disclosed.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The former military leader observed that it was his desire to see Ghanaians rich in order to have enough to cater for themselves and their families through controlled birth but former President Kufuor and the NPP wanted the reverse for the sake of votes.
“I thought to myself what is wrong with this man? I want my people to be rich…to have enough. There will never be enough when you are bringing forth uncontrollably. Not knowing some of them to have in the back of their minds the more people they can have, will be more votes they can have. Such selfish backward thinking”, he jabbed during a meeting NDC supporters at Ashaiman in the Greater Accra Region.
According to him, the whites are able to control poverty because of family planning which he tried implementing under his tenure but this was scuttled by the then opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) with propaganda in their quest to unseat the National Democratic Congress (NDC) at the time.
“The white man was able to contain his poverty through family planning”, he disclosed.
- NPP and NDC’s achievements that are confusing voters in decision making
- NDC rejects Regional Minister’s sugar, NPP does same to Adongo’s sugar
- NPP planning to sacrifice 3 kidnapped T’di girls for rituals in 2020 polls – NDC alleges
- Second militia disbandment meeting Monday
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- Reverend Owusu Bempah Is A Biased Prophet – John Mahama
- NPP/NDC Politics Has Taken Over My Church – Duncan Williams Laments
- NPP MP’s Sleeping With NDC Women – Haruna Iddrisu Reveals
- Afia Schwarzenegger Suggests Akua Donkor Should Be Caged Like A Monkey
- VIDEO: John Mahama Will Lose 2020 Elections Just Like Nigeria’s Atiku – Owusu Bempah Predicts
- BREAKING: Kennedy Agyapong Releases Audio Of NDC’s Plan To Kill Dr Bawumia – AUDIO
- VIDEO: President Akufo-Addo Is A Disappointment To Ghana – Kumawood Actor
- Ayawaso By-Election: NDC’s Ishau Yaro To Lose His Leg From Gun Wounds
- PHOTOS: NDC And Other Opposition Parties Demonstrate Against Nana Addo’s Government
- VIDEO: Minority In Parliament Tags Late Agyarko’s Wife As “Bloody Widow”
- Mahama Vows Never To Apologise For “Boot For Boot” Comment
- I Regret Endorsing NDC – Mzbel Cries Out
- VIDEO: NPP’s Nana B Slaps NDC’s Sammy Gyamfi During A Live Studio Discussion In The Studio Of Asempa FM
- Ayawaso By-Election: John Mahama Visits Victims Of Gun Attack – PHOTOS
- Ayawaso By-Election: Late Agyarko’s Wife In A Comfortable Lead
- Ayawaso By-Election: Let’s Come Together And Kick Out NPP And NDC In 2020 – A-Plus To Ghanaian Youths
- Ayawaso By-Election: NDC MP, Sam George Receives Several Slaps From NPP’s Invincible Forces – VIDEO
- Ayawaso By-Election: Actor John Dumelo Attacked By Masked Gunmen? – VIDEO
- Ayawaso By-Election: NDC Withdraws Following Shooting Incident
- Ayawaso by-Election: Gunshots Fired At Bawaleshie Presby polling station Injuring 3 People
- VIDEO: “Foolish Journalism” – Yvonne Nelson Insults Ghanaian Journalists For Twisting Her Words
- VIDEO: Actress Yvonne Nelson regrets organising “Dumsor Vigil” Against the NDC?
- Menzgold saga: NAM1 will never be prosecuted in Dubai – Ibrah One reveals
- Menzgold saga: NDC denies issuing diplomatic passport to NAM1
- 7 Celebrities offered appointment under President Nana Addo