R. Kelly emotionally denied accusations of sexual abuse in a new interview with Gayle King on CBS This Morning.
In a clip posted to Twitter on Tuesday (Mar. 5), Kelly spoke about the countless accusations that he violated underage girls for years, even keeping some women in his home without contact to their families. It’s the singer’s first interview since he was charged last month with aggravated sexual abuse involving four victims.
“Not true,” he claimed. “Whether they are old rumors, new rumors, future rumors, not true.”
When asked specifically if he’s ever held anybody against their will, the singer broke down in tears. “I don’t need to. Why would I? How stupid would it be of R. Kelly, with all I’ve been through in my way, way past, to hold somebody let alone four, five, six, 50 you said. How stupid would I be to do that?”
He then looked directly to the camera and continued, “That’s stupid. Use your common sense. Forget how you feel about me. Hate me if you want to, love me if you want to, but just use your common sense.”
“How stupid would it be for me, with my crazy past and what I’ve been through, oh, right now I just think I need to be a monster and hold girls against their will and chain them up in my basement and don’t let them eat and don’t let them up unless they need some shoes down the street from their uncle,” he explained angrily.
“Stop it, y’all quit playing. I didn’t do this stuff. I didn’t do this stuff. I’m fighting for my f—ing life.”
Watch the video below.
“I love women. I love all women. I love everybody. But the thing is is that these stories on Lifetime… they’re not true. Absolutely not true.”
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) March 6, 2019
- Listen: Kwame Dame releases “Hill Street” tape
- I Am Wondering if Ghana Can Handle A Terrorist Attack – Berla Mundi Worries
- Medikal proves he is the Hiphop artiste of the year at Ghana Meets Naija 2019
- Woman reveals how her pastor husband sleeps with men
- I should not have been alive by April 8
- Pilolo African Diaspora festival
- Tales from my backyard: How we innocently kill our loved ones
- Neglect of the boy-child since Beijing conference 1995 – A similar mistake to the reason for that conference
- Killing the cure for AIDS: The case of Nana Kofi Drobo II and Dr Sebi
- Food for your soul: The most important activity in the world – the first step
- Pepper Dem Ministries’ response to Asantehene’s warning to Queen Mothers
- Could someone stop this Vodafone 4G nonsense?
- PHOTOS: Adjetey Anang And Wife Loved Up In These Beautiful 12th Marriage Anniversary Photos
- Happiness Or Success Isn’t All About Marriage – Ursula Owusu Consoles Single Women
- VIDEO: Sex Is Heaven On Earth – Prophet Kumchacha
- Nana Aba Anamoah Exposes Man Who Keeps Harassing Her Sexually On Instagram
- Which Do You Prefer; Church Wedding Or Traditional Marriage?
- R Kelly on $1m bail following arrest over abuse charges
- Sista Afia Breaks Silence On Her Alleged Leaked Sextape
- Patapaa Finally Proposes Marriage To His Beautiful Girlfriend?
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrity Marriages Worthy Of Emulation
- 2Baba Opens Up On Marriage Breakup Rumours
- Ghanaians Scared Over R. Kelly’s Visit To Ghana
- Police harassed me sexually while investigating JB Danquah-Adu’s death – Widow
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Female Celebrities Likely To Give Birth Before Marriage
- Uganda hints of Sex Tourism
- SHOCKING: Couple Divorce 3 Minutes After Marriage
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- MENZGOLD SAGA: 10-Year-Old Marriage Collapses Over Wife’s Ghc200,000 Locked Investment
- Same Sex Marriage And Marijuana To Be legalised In Ghana If…