UK based Ghanaian Disk Jockey (DJ) Zelda Nana Yaa Adepa Dedaa Manteaw known in the showbiz industry as DJ Zel has revealed her focus on promoting Ghanaian music on her show in the United Kingdom.
The nine-year old, who hosts popular UniAfrik Show on GN Radio in UK, is gradually taking over the air-waves as she continues to dazzle on turntables every Saturday evening from 10pm to 12am.
DJ Zel, in an interview, revealed why she plays 80% of Ghanaian songs as well as different music genres including Hip-hop, R&B on her program with her major focus being promoting Ghanaian music in the diaspora.
”I love Ghana music a lot and many people here do as well. I get positive feedback whenever I play Ghanaian songs on my show.
”Ghanaian music carries lots of vibe and playing them on radio gives me joy and that is what I can contribute to in promoting Ghana music here in the UK,” she said in an interview.
The young prodigy is expected to visit Ghana on July 16 as a part of the “Year of Return” by the Government of Ghana as she embarks on an advocacy initiative on environmental education, promoting tourism and other charity works under her management of Zel Promotions.
DJ Zel, who is currently the youngest DJ to play on Radio has featured on big stages in the UK, most recently at the UniAfrik Live Jam in Leicester, among many other gigs.
- DJ Zel honoured at International African Achievers Merit Awards
- Meet DJ Zel, the youngest Ghanaian – UK based International DJ
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz