he police have begun an investigation into the incident in which a police officer reportedly shot dead a man at Akweley, Kasoa.
The outraged residents of the area are demanding a speedy investigation into the shooting of the deceased, Richard Hihartro.
Narrating the incident to Citi News, a relative of the deceased explained that the Police Patrol team chased Richard Hihartro, 36, into his family house to arrest him.
According to some family members, one of the Police Officers who was wielding an AK 47 rifle fired at Richard Hihartro killing him in the process.
“At first it was one officer who chased him to the house and he engaged him in an argument then he called for re-enforcement and two other officers came but I don’t know what he told them then suddenly they started assaulting Richard Hihartro,” the family member explained.
“It was getting nasty so I run away because one of the Police Officer threatened to shoot me if I interfered but upon a second thought I came back when I heard a loud gunshot, I got there only to find Robert Hihartro lying in a pool of blood”, Moro Hihartro added.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The family maintains that Richard Hihartro was innocent of any wrongdoing and didn’t deserve to die.
A statement signed by ASP Simon Tenku by Simon Tenkuu, the Director General of Public Affairs Directorate said the Central Region Commander of Police has called for investigations into the incident.
The press release also asked members of the general public volunteer information to help the Police bring closure to the matter.
- Five times cocaine got missing in Ghana
- Why police officers still take bribe; IGP’s take
- Savannah Region: One dead, four injured after communal violence
- Soldiers, Police seize placards against Akufo-Addo in Navrongo
- Police intercept 1,950 bags of fertilizer smuggled by government officials
- Police deploy personnel for peaceful Muslim holy feast
- Police, military deployed to crack down on warmongers in conflict-ravaged town
- Police officer caught on camera taking bribe
- Ara B Shows His Gangster Side; Says He Has Guns
- Operation Cow leg arrests three suspected robbers in Eastern Region
- Policeman Sentenced To Death For Murder
- Police harassed me sexually while investigating JB Danquah-Adu’s death – Widow
- #BringBackOurTaadiGirls: Number one trending hashtag on twitter; Police suspected of foul play
- 5 Most corrupt institutions in Ghana revealed; Police tops
- Sad news as policeman shoots himself to death at Nungua
- Breaking News: Vodafone speeding vehicle knocks down and Kills policeman at checkpoint