The Public Relations Officer of Prisons Service, Courage Atsem, has explained why Akuapem Poloo could spend 60 days in prison instead of 90 days.
According to Courage Atsem, Akuapem Poloo could spend 60 days on a condition that she puts up good behaviour while serving her term in prison.
TRENDING PHOTOS: Joe Mettle Celebrates His Wife On Her Birthday Amidst Divorce Rumours
Here is what Courage Atsem said;
“There is what we call one-third remission and some offences qualify one to be given one-third remission of the sentence. What this means is that, if your offence is the type that qualifies you to be given one-third remission then your total sentence is computed and a third of it is deducted and you do the two-third.
So, for instance, if you say three months, then quickly if you do the calculator, one-third of it would be a month out of three months. So, it means that if your offence is the type that qualifies you to be granted one-third remission then you will be doing two-thirds of the total sentence of what you referred to as the prisons calendars.
The point is, those offences that do not attract one-third remission are what we term as the first-degree felony, so once it is not a first-degree felony, and it falls under misdemeanour, then the probability that you qualified for one-third remission is high.
There is some that are earned on good conduct and service industry.
The officer in charge or the Director-General of Prisons has the rights to withhold that remission that you are entitled to if you do not conduct yourself properly or you do not show service industry while in custody.
She can qualify for the one-third remission if she puts up the good behaviour. Going by that means that she (Akuapem Poloo) will serve 60 days out of 90 days”.
- VIDEO: Akuapem Poloo Dragged To Nsawam Prisons Despite Ghc80,000 Bail
- VIDEO: The Pig Is Crying – Mona Gucci Subtly Shades Afia Schwar For Being Bitter Over Akuapem Poloo’s Release
- What has happened to Akuapem Poloo won’t change her in anyway – Counsellor Lutterodt
- I did not find Akuapem Poloo’s picture with her son offensive – Wanlov Kubolor
- Top Nigerian celebrities compose victory song for Akuapem Poloo
- Akuapem Poloo’s bail first step to free her entirely – Reggie Rockstone
- Manhunt for Akuapem Poloo’s baby daddy
- Social media users react to news of Akuapem Poloo’s GH¢80,000 bail
- Courts grants Akuapem Poloo bail pending appeal
- JUST IN: Akuapem Poloo Granted Bail
- Classless but not jail worthy – Tonto Dikeh supports Akuapem Poloo
- Abena Korkor Covers Up In A New Instagram Video After Akuapem Poloo’s N*de Photo Landed Her In Prison
- VIDEO: DKB Threatens To Sue Akuapem Poloo’s Manager For Defaming Him
- Ricky Anokye applauds Child Rights International for reporting Akuapem Poloo
- Prison belongs to Nam1 not Akuapem Poloo – Twene Jonas
- Tonto Dikeh Says Akuapem Poloo Does Not Deserve To Be In Jail – Asks Nigerians To Sign #FreeAkuapemPoloo Petition
- Kennedy Agyapong Says Akuapem Poloo Deserves One Year In Jail
- Arrest all involved in Akuapem Poloo’s nude photoshoot too – Pundit
- Social media ‘blast’ DKB for using Akuapem Poloo to raise funds
- Akuapem Poloo will be a ‘Woman of God’ after her jail sentence – Abeiku Santana
- Stop raising funds on behalf of Akuapem Poloo – Management to DKB
- Let’s learn from Akuapem Poloo’s experience – Kofas to celebrities
- Fella Makafui Shows Akuapem Poloo Love Despite Poloo’s Incessant Attacks On Her
- VIDEO: Akuapem Poloo Starts Her 90-day Jail Term Today At Ankaful Prison
- Akuapem Poloo gives MoMo, bank account details for fundraising – DKB
- Akuapem Poloo’s manager caused her downfall – Former Gender Minister
- If Montie 3 were pardoned, Akuapem Poloo can also be – Clemento Suarez
- VIDEO: Counselor Lutherodt Says The 90-Day Jail Term Will Never Change Akuapem Poloo
- Over 5,000 People Sign Online Petition To Beg President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger begs Nana Addo, Gary Nimako to intervene