The glitz and glamour of being a celebrity have got many doing stuff that ordinarily, they wouldn’t do. It is a generally accepted ideology that one must not despise his humble beginnings. However, the fame which goes along with being a celebrity sometimes makes some of these celebrities to move away from where they began in order to show that indeed, they have been blessed.
After all, the essence of the sleepless nights, determination, commitment and grit is to ensure that one is more comfortable, isn’t it?
When you grew up in an environment where tarred roads weren’t readily available and you “fight your demons” to emerge a star, you’ll definitely feel that you owe yourself some level of comfort. Some criticize these celebrities for spending unnecessarily, but the bottom line is that the lifestyle of a star shouldn’t really matter especially if the person isn’t faking it and they are being true to themself.
Do you know why most of the rich people spend a lot of money to put their children into D-BEE schools? Have you ever heard of social capital? There’s a new order which looks at the number of influential persons that are available to a particular person at a particular time. Some refer to it as network.
So back to the issue of rich people and their rich kids. It’s not only for the comfort of their wards that most of these wealthy parents spend lots of cash to enrol their children in prestigious schools. What happens is that these same rich kids who meet in the prestigious schools establish lifelong contacts. The lifelong contacts established is the social capital they create which in the near future, makes them become very powerful.
However, in the case of the kids of the have not’s, the struggle mostly continues because they are unable to establish relationships with a lot of people who in the near future, will become highly influential. Life is a bit weird. Sometimes, the most brilliant kids do not necessarily become brilliant at life, and one of the critical reasons for such an occurrence is the lack of social capital.
Why do people choose to live in plush and better still, more glamorous surroundings? I guess it’s now crystal clear. Celebrities need to remain connected in order to continue being relevant, and so the need for the trips to lands which are said to be flowing with milk and honey.
Here, we look at some of our celebrities who have moved from the hinterlands to settle at East Legon, one of the plushest cities and the most prestigious address in Accra, and Ghana as a whole.
Samuel Osei Kuffour
The former Bayern Munich FC and Black Stars defender is one of the numerous celebrities who reside in East Legon. He won the 2001 Champions League with Bayern Munich and on the national scene, is one of the finest defenders the nation has ever produced.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The former Juventus FC, Fenerbache and Black Stars skipper also resides in East Legon. He is largely regarded as the best captain the Ghanaian national team has ever had. In Europe, he enjoyed a stellar playing career, and he also led the Black Stars to its first qualification for the FIFA World Cup in 2006.
The controversial and outspoken dancehall artiste also resides in a plush mansion at East Legon. He claimed in an interview with Doctor Cann on Happy FM that he owns three mansions in East Legon.
LOL! I’m sure you were definitely expecting him to be in the list. He moved to Adjringanor in 2017. Adjiringanor is also considered as part of East Legon. He shares wall with ex-Blackstar defender John Painstil.
Medikal also owns a plush house in East Legon. The rapper, also known as MDK moved to East Legon in 2019.
Abedi Ayew Pele, the former Olympique Marseille FC star settled in East Legon after his impressive playing career was over. He is also largely regarded as the most skilful player to have ever played for the Black Stars. He has an area in East Legon named after him.
Other celebrities like John Painstil, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Kennedy Agyapong and the heavily endowed Pamela Odame Watara also reside at East Legon. The of celebrities are unending.
It’s becoming increasingly obvious that East Legon is metamorphosing into not only the hood of the rich but also, the home of the famous.
It’s our own version of Silicon Valley, or ‘I dey lie’?
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- VGMAs 2019: Sarkodie crowned Artiste of the Decade
- VGMA19: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale’s ‘Gringo’ Likely To Win “Viral Song Of The Year” Award
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Menzgold, and other top cases in court that you probably don’t know their status now
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- SKIN BLEACHING: Ghanaian Celebrities Who Come To Mind
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian families with the most celebrities
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto