Several pastors have expressed displeasure towards the Akufo-Addo-lead NPP government. This is not new in the political landscape in the history of Ghana. We have the likes of Rev. Owusu Bempah criticising John Mahama when he was in power. Let us take a look at some of the popular pastors who have spoken against this government.
BISHOP CHARLES AGYINA-ASARE
Bishop Agyina-Asare is the founder of the Perez Chapel International, a Charismatic ministry in Ghana. He is also the founder of Precious TV and the Chancellor of the Perez University College all in Ghana. Bishop Agyina-Asare has broken the silence of many religious leaders in Ghana with regards to wrongdoings by politicians.
Bishop said the religious leaders who are supposed to use their platforms to talk about peace have all kept quiet and are watching the politicians take over the country. In his sermon titled ‘Get Rid of Envy’, he stated, “So our clergymen. Our clergy who should be saying it on the rooftop because many politicians go to our churches or mosques. But the clergy, we have become dumb dogs. We are acting as if we don’t see what is happening”.
He also went on and said pastors who gather the courage to come up and speak are tagged ‘talkatives.’ “And if you are a pastor and you are talking, they say you are talking too much. Instead of teaching our electorate who are made up of our Church members and people who go to the Mosque, to hold our government accountable, we are competing in our visions about who will win and who will die.”
Bishop Agyina-Asare previously also shared a sad story about a retired older man who served the Defence Ministry for almost 30 years and is now denied permission to register due to the fact that they think he is a Togolese. Bishop Agyina-Asare has now shown to the Ghanaian community that he is not a hypocrite and that he will speak the truth and has also shown how he is disappointed in the current Akufo-Addo led NPP government.
PROPHET. EMMANUEL BADU KOBI
Rev. Emmanuel Badu Kobi is a pastor and a businessman. He is the Founder and leader of the Glorious Wave Church International. He is also the President of Kingdom Bible College and the author of many books. Prophet Badu Kobi in 2018 launched an attack on President Akufo-Addo after he planned on taking tax from churches.
According to him, it was senseless for the government to even think of taxing churches. In an online video that was circulating, Badu Kobi showed his great displeasure at the decision and went on further to say it was against the campaign promises of Akufo-Addo concerning taxes when he was in opposition.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“The things I will prove to them and eventually will speak throughout the whole of Ghana. They should come and tell us where this nonsense entered their head,” these were some of the words he said in the video. He later threatened to expose the NPP of their illegal ways they used to get money to run their 2016 campaign.
In 2019, he also prophecied that the NPP will lose the 2020 general elections if they select Akufo-Addo as their flagbearer. Later in 2020 after the President gave his state of the nations address, Prophet Badu said, “The President gave his State of the Nation Address, if the papers were close to me I would tear into pieces. The things he said, I don’t see anything meaningful in it.” He further went on and said, “People’s lives have gone down and you say Ghana is in competent hands. Which hands? You don’t know what you are saying.”
Prophet Badu Kobi has shown his displeasure against the Akufo-Addo administration ever since they came into power in 2017.
APOSTLE KWABENA OWUSU AGYEI
Apostle Owusu threatened to kill the electoral commission chairperson, Mad. Jean Mensa if the Electoral Commission goes ahead with the new voters’ register. He made this threat during his regular Sunday church services online.
According to a report on ghanaweb.com, the NDC pastor categorically stated that, during the June 4 revolution, it was the blood of military that flowed and that, what he is hearing in this time, it is the blood of the ‘Akyem mafia’ that will flow. He further went on and said should the EC chairperson attempt the compilation of a new register, she will die at 12 noon without specifying the day.
The security agencies later busted apostle Kwabena Owusu and alleged that he was caught with possession of marijuana. The main reason for Apostle Owusu’s threat was as a result of his displeasure for the governance by Akufo-Addo and his NPP government.
PROPHET NIGEL GAISIE
Prophet Nigel Gaisie is the Leader and Founder of the Prophetic Hill Chapel. The NPP members have branded Prophet Nigel as the pastor for the NDC, and as such, everything he says is regarded as a deception. During his 31st December Watchnight, he prophesied that, “2020 election the Lord said we should be spiritual and vigilant.
There is an agenda to massively rig the election and push the election to a runoff by the ruling party.” This drew the attention of many Ghanaians who said the Prophet said that due to the fact that he does not like the Akufo-Addo government. The Prophet has ever since been attacked by the NPP, including the Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Hon. Kennedy Agyapong.
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Inspire People By Helping Those In Need
- A Sad Fathers’ Day: Celebrities Who Have Lost Their Kids To Death
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Why Haven’t The Ghana Police Arrested Kennedy Agyapong?
- I Want To Buy Jets, Helicopter, Yacht – Prophet Badu Kobi
- I fear for what is about to happen to Ghana – Prophet Nigel Gaisie
- Bishop Agyinasare gives daughter’s hand in marriage
- I’ll contract women to beat you – Kennedy Agyapong tells Badu Kobi
- Daily Graphic journalist harassed and arrested over Badu Kobi
- Several empty seats spotted at Prophet Badu Kobi’s church after ethnocentric comments
- Curses may befall those insulting my husband – Wife of Prophet Badu Kobi warns
- Yaw Sarpong has been marked for death – Badu Kobi
- Appietus’ musical works have expired – Prophet Badu Kobi fires back
- Prophet Kobi Badu Didn’t Speak Well – eShun Laments
- Meet Mama Gloria, Prophet Badu Kobi’s wife who is an Ashanti
- Prophet Badu Kobi is stupid, foolish – Appietus fires
- I’m beyond bashing, only fools will insult me – Badu Kobi tells critics
- Prophet Nigel Gaisie breaks silence on kidnapped girls
- FAKE PROPHETS: Prophet Nigel Gaisie and Rev. Owusu Bempah out again with fake prophecies
- Menzgold customers can now ignore Satan’s prophecy delivered by Prophet Nigel Gaisie
- VIDEO: Prophet Nigel Gaisie’s Ambiguous Prophecy About Nigeria’s 2019 Elections Fails
- Prophet Badu Kobi Threatens President Akufo-Addo?
- Upcoming Artistes Association Of Ghana To Hold Intercessory Prayers For Kuami Eugene, Kidi, Kwesi Arthur And Patapaa.
- I’m scared and need your prayers – Kuami Eugene on death prophecies
- Kuami Eugene and Kidi living in fear following Prophet Gaisie’s prophecy
- Kwesi Arthur replies Prophet Nigel Gaisie over his doom prophecy
- Black stars will win 2019 AFCON – Eagle Prophet rubbishes Prophet Badu Kobi’s prophecy
- 2019 Prophecies: Mahama Ayariga will be prosecuted and jailed – Prophet Badu Kobi
- 2019 Prophecies: Black Stars won’t win 2019 AFCON – Prophet Badu Kobi reveals