The Ghana Police Service together with Border Patrol Officers of Ghana Immigration Service on patrols have arrested two trucks loaded with bags of smuggled fertilizers meant for government flagship planting for Food and Jobs social intervention initiative in the Upper West Region.
According to the police, a total of 1,950 bags were retrieved from the trucks, which were being smuggled to neighbouring Burkina Faso through the Fielmo unapproved route in the Sissala West District.
“The Men who conducted the operation revealed they were offered a bribe of GH¢25,000.00 by the officials of the loot as their share if they allowed them pass but it was rejected while they were calling for reinforcement from the Military since they were out-numbered.”
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The Men also disclosed, the smugglers confessed they were going to make GH¢60,000.00 profit should they have successfully smuggled the goods.
Read the full post below
- Five times cocaine got missing in Ghana
- Savannah Region: One dead, four injured after communal violence
- Soldiers, Police seize placards against Akufo-Addo in Navrongo
- Police deploy personnel for peaceful Muslim holy feast
- Police officer caught on camera taking bribe
- Probe begins after police officer guns down man at Kasoa