The two Police officers captured in a viral video flogging a suspect at the Railway Police station under the Koforidua Police command have been interdicted.
The interdiction was under the instruction of the acting Inspector General of Police James Oppong-Boanuh, Starr News has learnt.
This was after a preliminary investigation by a fact finding team from the Regional Police Headquarters implicated them.
The officers are General Sergeant Patrick Amoako and General Lance Corporal Isaac Marfo.
The Police officers were captured in a video taken by the complainant who had reported the suspect, his employee, for stealing his GHC1,600.
The video shows the officers abusing the suspect, who was behind bars, with belt with the aim of getting him to confess to the crime.
- IGP gives new directives to check extortion, unprofessional conduct by police
- Oppong-Boanuh confirmed IGP
- Acting IGP interdicts police officers who tortured man in custody
- ‘Desperate times require desperate measures’ – IGP fumes
- Thieves snatch car in front of IGP
- Acting IGP cracks whip; interdicts police commander for unlawful detention