The police have arrested Abdul Rashid Meizongo; identified as the key suspect over the murder of investigative journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale mid-January 2019.
According to report sighted online, Abdul Rashid Meizongo, 29, was nabbed at a mall in Accra and is currently assisting with investigations. One other is currently in custody over the same crime while 13 others have been questioned.
Ahmed Hussein-Suale was a Ghanaian undercover investigative journalist and an associate of fellow Ghanaian investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas. He died on Wednesday, 16 January 2019 when unidentified men on motorbikes shot him three times, twice in the chest and once in his neck in his vehicle.
Hussein-Suale was part of a team led by award-winning journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas, whose investigation led to the resignation of the head of the Ghana Football Association Kwesi Nyantakyi.
Hours after his death, Anas tweeted: “Sad news, but we shall not be silenced. Rest in peace, Ahmed.”
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The Police administration earlier indicated that it has interrogated 13 suspects in connection with the murder of a journalist with investigative firm, Tiger Eye PI, Ahmed Hussein-Suale.
According to earlier reports, Ahmed Hussein-Suale had previously made a complaint to the police after Kennedy Agyapong, showed his photograph on a private television channel.
Agyapong promised payment for supporters who took retribution against Hussein-Suale. “That boy that’s very dangerous, he lives here in Madina. If he comes here, beat him,” he said, pointing to Hussein-Suale’s image.
Agyapong after Ahmed’s death rejected claims that he “engineered the killing” of the undercover journalist. “He has never offended me. So, they should go and investigate those he has offended not me. He and his boss [Anas] have offended so many people in this country. The evil they have been doing will follow them,” he said on Neat FM.
Below is the photo of the suspect:
- Can Kennedy Agyapong swallow his pride and apologise to Kweku Baako as the court has ordered?
- Kennedy Agyapong exposes NPP; says they used him to fight Anas
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- PHOTOS: Anas’ murdered key partner, Ahmed Suale laid to rest
- Anas fingered in Tiger Eye PI partner’s killing
- VIDEO: Anas reacts to Ahmed’s assassination at Madina
- Anas’ Number 12: Kweku Baako sues Kennedy Agyapong for GHS25m
- Judge ‘sings’ ‘Obia wo ne master’ before Anas, Ken Agyapong ruling
- Ken Agyapong to release ‘Who watches the watchman’ on June 27
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Inspire People By Helping Those In Need
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- Why Haven’t The Ghana Police Arrested Kennedy Agyapong?
- Mastermind: How Rev. Obofuor Tactically Silenced Kennedy Agyapong
- Kennedy Agyapong must apologise to Ghanaians for wasting our time
- Tit For Tat: Asaase Radio and other businesses owned by NPP bigwigs that NDC is likely to collapse if they win power
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- Kennedy Agyapong to takeover King Faisal
- Ahmed Suale’s death stalled Nyantakyi’s corruption case, it will soon be in court – AG assures
- ‘You’re an ugly attention-seeking bitch’ – Kennedy Agyapong fires Afia Schwarzenegger