Rising Dancehall sensation, Ebony tragically lost his life on Friday, February 9, throwing the whole nation into a state of grief and shock.
At just a young age of 21, Ebony had already achieved so much that she was compared to other music giants like Sarkodie and Shatta Wale and largely considered as a threat to their reign.
Even after all her success and hits in just under one year, Ebony had so much to look forward to as she was just getting started. We take a look at some of the major moves she was just about to make in the industry before death came calling.
She Was About Travel to US on the day she died
Ebony was supposed to travel to the US on a night plane on the very same day the gory accident which took her life occurred. According to his father, his daughter’s visa was with him and she was returning to Accra from Sunyani so she could make the flight in the night. This was why she had to leave Sunyani and embark on the journey to Accra at dawn, in a bid to get home and do all the necessary arrangement and packing before leaving at night.
Pending Zylofon Deal
Zylofon since its emergence on the entertainment scene a year ago, has been on a signing spree, signing all the biggest artistes in Ghana. Her manager and CEO of Rufftown Records, Bullet, confirmed to industry guru Bulldog that he was in talks to get Ebony signed to Zylofon Media in a bid to further enhance her career. According to information available, negotiations between her manager, Bullet and Zylofon Media had reached an almost concluded stage and it was just a matter of time before she was signed to Zylofon Media family.
Set To Host Girl Talk Concert
According to information gathered by asembi.com, Ebony was on the verge of signing a contractual agreement to replace singer, Afya as the host of the annual Girls Talk concert. She was seen as a more marketable and commercially viable female singer to host the annual event due to the level of her popularity and huge fan base, especially among the ladies.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
After her demise, artiste manager and founder of BullHaus Entertainment, Bulldog confirmed to Andy Dosty on Hitz FM that an European promoter was in talks for an Ebony Europe Tour, which was expected to take place this year once the deal was finalized. According to Bulldog, he met the promoter in Germany and the two had a discussion on how he (Bulldog) could assist the promoter get the camp of Ebony to agree to the Europe tour deal. From what was gathered, the tour was definitely going to come off.
Inevitable Ghana Music Awards night success
No female artiste has ever had the support Ebony was getting in her bid to become the first Ghanaian female artiste to win the covetous Artiste of the Year at the 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Award (VGMA). She was expected to be the star of attraction at this year’s event as all debate in the build up to the awards night was all about her. It is also without a doubt that she would have performed at the VGMA had she lived long enough to be at the event. It would have been her crowning night after a year of absolute hardworking and success, with all indication pointing to the fact that she was the undisputed artiste to carry home the Artist of the Year plague with only Shatta Wale coming close.
Billed to perform at [email protected] Reloaded Concert in Washington, DC, USA
Ebony was billed to perform at the [email protected] Reloaded Concert scheduled for 24th March 2018 at the Club Elevate. Posters and flyers have already been made and distributed for the 24th March event. But unfortunately Ebony who was billed as the main artiste will not be there as she is no more among the living. As a result, organizers of the event had to send a memo round to the effect that the concert had been cancelled.
- Was Ebony Sexually Harassed? A Second Look at Zylofon Boss’ Tweet, Mark Okraku and Bulldog’s Comments
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Died At The Peak Of Their Careers
- Remembering Ebony Reigns: 6 Things You Never Knew About The Late Dancehall Diva, Ebony Reigns
- VIDEO: Ebony’s Most-Talked-About Performance Hits 2 Million Views On YouTube A Year After Her Death
- TOUCHING VIDEO: Ebony’s Boyfriend Releases Song They Were Supposed To Release On Her Birthday
- Why Haven’t The Ghana Police Arrested Kennedy Agyapong?
- Ebony comes alive in Jason EL-A’s ‘Confess
- Ebony was a legend – Kim Muareen confesses
- Starboy Kwarteng Reveals He’s Signing A New Artiste To His ‘Bony To The World’ Record Label
- Ebony’s Clothes And Other Things To Be Auctioned – Father Reveals
- A letter to Nana Appiah Mensah on Zylofon Cash
- Menzgold Saga: What Zylofon Media signees should include in their New Year resolutions
- PHOTO: Late Ebony Reigns To Be Celebrated On March 29
- Stonebwoy Takes Final Decision On Whether Or Not To Attend Willie Roi’s Funeral
- VIDEO: Stonebwoy Opens Up On The Seizure Of His Assets By EOCO
- Late Ebony Reigns Set To Release “Honey Honey”
- VIDEO: Stonebwoy Reveals Why President Akufo-Addo Is Silent On Menzgold Issues
- I’m Grateful And Still Support NAM1 Wherever He Is – Stonebwoy
- VIDEO: Stonebwoy Gives Reasons Why He Won’t Attend Willie Roi’s Funeral
- NAM1 Has A Big Brain And We Need Him – Kontihene
- NAM1’s Zylofon TV And FM Go Live Again After EOCO’s Directive To Suspend Operations
- A Vivid Eyewitness Account Of How Willie Roi Died
- Willie Roi’s Death: A Possible Suicide Due His Huge Debts?
- EOCO To Chase Socrates Safo Over $1 Million Zylofon Arts Fund?
- FLASHBACK: When Willie Roi Said “Jesus’ Second Coming May Never Happen” – VIDEO
- FLASHBACK: Willie Roi And Stonebwoy’s Feud – VIDEO
- BREAKING NEWS: Zylofon Media’s Willie Roi is dead
- Joyce Blessing Dissociates Herself From Menzgold Brouhaha
- Bullet Shed Tears For Listening To Ebony’s Never-Heard-Before Interview
- A Never-Heard-Before Interview With Ebony Reigns A Year After Her Death