The termination of the concessionaire agreement between the government of Ghana and Power Distribution Service Ghana Limited (PDS) was attributed to challenges with the financial guarantee provided for the deal.
The decision according to the government of Ghana followed the detection of fundamental and material breaches of PDS’s obligation in the provision of payment securities (demand guarantees) for the transaction which has been discovered upon further due diligence.
Some critics have chastised the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia led administration for not acting in the best interest of Ghana in the negotiation and signing of the power concession.
Now it has emerged that some “powerful” elements and cronies within the current administration were allegedly scheming to share the shares of Power Distribution Service Ghana Limited.
Three names that have been mentioned in all these dealings surrounding the dubious PDS deal are Philip Ayensu, who happens to be a board member of PDS, Edward Akufo-Addo, also known as Bumpty is blood brother to President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko, the nephew of President Akufo-Addo.
In what appeared to be a telephone conversation between the trio and was played on Loud Silence Radio by Kevin Ekow Baidoo Taylor, the host of “With All Due Respect”, it was alleged that Philip Ayensu, Edward Akufo-Addo and Gabby Otchere-Darko were planning how they could share the shares of PDS.
Even though GhanaWeb cannot state the genesis of the whole conversation, the voices on the said tape sounded like those of Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko and Philip Ayensu.
The statement of Edward Akufo-Addo suggests that the trio were not the only persons involved.
He said in the audio, “…if that’s your final position then we have to let the others know, sign all the documents…”
The ‘others’ Kevin Taylor believes are those who have been given the mandate to steer the affairs of this nation.
“What Philip Ayensu did is criminal and I expect EOCO, the SP to invite this guy now. He was discussing our biggest investment with an individual… they were deciding the shares… this is our money and Philip Ayensu being on the board of PDS, decides to go behind PDS, and go decide with an individual who thinks he is so powerful how the shares of PDS should be shared,” Kevin Taylor lamented.
The conversation is transcribed below;
Gabby: So you can’t go below 40?
Phili Ayensu: No sir…
Gabby: At all…?
Philip Ayensu: Gabby you see you know we’ve come far ooo…
Gabby: Me I’m just… I’m just trying to…
Philip Ayensu: No I can’t go below the 40… I will rather prefer getting off and getting something out of it and getting off…
Gabby: Ok so? I see…
Philip Ayensu: This is to demonstrate that this is for me and not for anybody… And and that is something I want to come very strong on on…
Edward Akufo-Addo (Bumpty): if that’s your final position then we have to let the other know, sign all the documents…
Philip Ayensu: Ok sir, I appreciate you sir thank you very much…
Edward Akufo-Addo (Bumpty): Ok alright…
Philip Ayensu: Thank you.
- Kevin Taylor names Sammy Awuku, Anthony Karbo and Perry Okudzeto in PDS scandal
- We know your ‘sexuality’, many ‘other’ things – Kevin Taylor takes Ursula to the cleaners
- Excuse me, Sir, I’m not jealous of Kevin Taylor’s ‘good works’, I only detest bogus crusaders!
- God bless Kevin Taylor the crusader
- If the US-based Kevin Taylor really abhors homosexuality, why can’t he petition Trump?
- Stop insulting Ghanaians intelligence, Kevin Taylor: Voters witnessed Mahama’s abysmal performance!
- Why Kennedy Agyapong may well have to battle Kevin Taylor on his own turf!
- Kevin Taylor: A bogus detective of our time?
- Alleged $75,000 bus price: GH Daewoo tackles Kevin Taylor’s propaganda
- Ernest Kofi Owusu-Bempah writes to Kevin Taylor
- Kevin Taylor must stop his unsubstantiated allegations of criminalities against Ken Agyapong
- I like John Mahama – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Put ‘mad’ Kennedy Agyapong on suicide watch – Kevin Taylor begs
- We are sweating because of Atta Akyea – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Kennedy Agyapong strips Kevin Taylor naked before Ghanaians in Germany
- Hypocrite Rawlings is an ‘ass kisser’ – Kevin Taylor
- NPP petitions New York Times over Kevin Taylors’ ‘slanderous’ video broadcast
- Shut up Duncan Williams! – Ekow Kevin Taylor says ‘With All Due Respect’
- 9 Ghanaians With The Most Difficult Jobs That You Wouldn’t Want To Be In Their Shoes
- Yes, Akufo-Addo took loan from UT and paid back – Gabby replies Kofi Amoabeng
- Advise your 74-year-old uncle to stop ‘stealing’ – Adongo excoriates Otchere Darko
- I am now tired – Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko wails
- Okyenhene not aware of any palace redesign contract to Adjaye – Gabby
- Gabby, we are here to stay
- Gabby exposes UK’s ‘hypocrisy’ on terrorism
- Arms importer’s brother is NDC – Gabby alleges
- My comments about movies were to provoke debate, not to denigrate – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- I’m disappointed with Ghanaian movies – Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko
- Akufo Addo is no different – Manasseh Azure jabs Gabby Otchere-Darko