Any organiser of a film awards event who wants to invite actor Lilwin as a guest to their award ceremony should be ready to pay him.
According to Lilwin, who is not happy with how movie award schemes treat local language movie makers, he has decided not to attend any movie award scheme again unless he is paid to do so.
The actor who is very popular Kumawood movies was speaking on the back of Golden Movie Awards which seemed to have have sidelined the local language film industry.
“Henceforth, when you invite me to any movie awards event, I’ll charge you or else I won’t come. Because I have realised they give the awards to those who can pay,” he told Zylofon FM’s Sammy Flex on Wednesday.
Lilwin expressed his unhappiness with a comment made by the jury of Golden Movie Awards on the quality of movies produced by Ghanaian filmmakers, especially those who use the local languages (Kumawood).
Responding to the comment, Lilwin said it was ignorant of anyone to say that Ghanaian movie makers overuse drones.
Chris Vincent, a member of the jury of Golden Movie Awards, has said that he had seen “so many drone shots that are irrelevant to the story.”
“You can’t organise an award scheme and not nominate Kumawood movies. That makes your award empty. Everybody comes up with a movie award scheme and gives the awards to only Nigerians. These Nigerians we always keep promoting, don’t do same to us,” Lilwin stated.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“Twi movies have huge patronage so if you think you don’t need them in your awards, don’t demean them with negative words,” he added.
The Jury of the award scheme mostly bemoaned the falling standards in Ghana’s film industry.
The jury for this year comprises filmmakers and movie critics from Ghana, Nigeria and Burkina Faso. Nigerian film director and producer, Mildred Okwo is the President of the jury, with Ghanaian scriptwriter and film director, Veronica Quashigah as Vice President.
Other members of the jury are veteran actress Grace Omaboe; showbiz critic, broadcaster Ken Addy, communications expert Amba Mpoke-Bigg, film critic Chris-Vincent Agyepong Febiri; and Managing Director of Hacky Films, Hackman Asare.
The rest are, Selima Awudu, Rex-Anthony Annan, Nana Michaels Dzikunu and Burkina Faso’s Apolline Traore.
The Golden Movie Awards is an honorary award scheme which rewards actors, directors and producers across Africa for their diligence and professionalism.
The 2018 Golden Awards nominations, which is the fourth edition, will officially be announced in Ivory Coast on May 20, 2018, when the various categories of the qualified films will be made public.
That will be followed by the main award event in Ghana on June 2, 2018, at the Movenpick Hotel in Accra.
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Lilwin, Kelvyn Boy and others to rock Asante Mampong with ‘October2Remember’ concert
- NEW MUSIC: LilWin ft Medikal – Sor Me So (Prod by Chensen)
- I’m sexy and good looking – Lilwin tells Patapaa
- VIDEO: Lilwin And Kuami Eugene Drop Official Music Video For “Anointing”
- VIDEO: This Is How Much Lilwin Charges Before Attending A Funeral
- VIDEO: Kwaku Manu Predicts Doom For Lilwin’s School
- PHOTO&VIDEO: Gospel musician Joyce Blessing is bleaching?
- VIDEO: Lilwin Drops New Banger, ‘Anointing’ Ft Kuami Eugene With ‘Crazy’ Dance Moves
- Lilwin’s ‘juju man’ threatened to ‘strike me down’ – Wife of Lilwin
- Lilwin is a cheat, pretender and an abuser – Wife confirms divorce reports
- Patapaa called me for a collaboration, I didn’t contact him – Lilwin
- I’m not introducing my ‘girlfriend’ to steal Ama McBrown’s shine – Lilwin
- I would have been a hardened criminal but for acting – Lilwin