Minority in parliament have lashed out at President Akufo-Addo and his government for the uncalled hardship brought upon the country by his “Kweku Ananse” governance, describing it as shameful.
Member of Parliament for Ketu South, Fifi Kwetey lambasted Akufo-Addo and the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta calling them ‘pathological liars’ for the numerous devastating conditions facing the country.
“We are really dealing with a group of people who have become nothing short of pathological lairs. That’s what they are, Kweku Ananse governance that’s what we have today. And Nana Akufo-Addo shame on you, shame on you Finance minister, shame on you.”
According to him the ruling government has rather inflicted suffering upon the people, citing the decapitation of the GETFund, NHIS, and education among others. Adding that attempts made have never been in the best interest of the citizens they claim to serve.
“You’re capping GETFund, capping NHIS and we don’t understand why the state of infrastructure in education and health is suffering. You have a situation where hardship is the order of the day, jobs are been lost every single day.”
Whiles speaking at a pre-budget press briefing by the Minority in Parliament, Mr Kwetey expressed disgust at the sight of filth floating the city after the president claimed he was going to make Accra the cleanest city before the end of his term.
“Filth has engulfed this country; Accra has become the filthiest country virtually in the whole of Africa. When you have a president that claims he is going to make this country the cleanest, then again you see what is going on. When you have a group of lairs, fifth and lack of sanitation has become the order of the day because their own mind is filled with filth. That is exactly what it is. Filthy mind, filthy content brings about filthy nation.”
MP for Ketu South didn’t fail to mention how deplorable and shambolic the nature of our roads has become with everything falling apart in the hands of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and the New Patriotic Party.
“Take a look at the state of our roads, the most shambolic state of roads I have seen in this country… everywhere you pass absolutely terrible. That again tells you what is going on. In the mist of their trumpeting and singing, things are collapsing left right and center.”
The former finance minister under the erstwhile Mahama administration indicated that the level of debt accumulated by the current administration has given cause worry.
“Government’s debt is sky rocketing, while you actually claim you were coming to reduce the state of our debt,” He said.
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Akufo-Addo and his government want to remove ‘fearless’ Domelevo – Asiedu Nketia
- Akufo-Addo to cut sod on Sunday for the construction of Kumasi Film Village
- Akufo-Addo to use 2nd AFAG petition to order Domelevo to ‘step aside’ – NDC blows alarm
- Akufo-Addo gov’t, catholic bishops & CSOs in corruption war
- I won’t abandon Akufo-Addo’s projects like he’s done mine – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo personally supports NPP boys insults on his critics – A Plus alleges
- Afenyo Markin reveals how Akufo-Addo personally views Auditor General
- Government will be humiliated at referendum – Chamber of local governance
- Advise Akufo-Addo to withdraw referendum – Dan Botwe urged
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- ‘Akufo-Addo’s ambulances’ to be distributed in 2020
- Ghana being ruled by ‘fools’ – Odike fumes
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- Address issue of high interest rates – Akufo-Addo to BoG
- President cuts sod for railway projects in Volta Region
- Nana Asante Bediatuo’s mother, father, sister, brother in President’s family & friends
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- Mahama winning a second term will be punishment from God – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama has no record, policies to defend, only bankruptcy – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo travels with about 50 vehicles to the Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo begins two day tour of Volta Region today
- World Bank rejects government’s private audit report
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Security of Akufo-Addo, Ministers at risk – Islamic Cleric Shamuna warns
- More room for talks – Akufo-Addo on Nigeria border closure
- What’s wrong with Akufo-Addo sleeping at Russia-Africa summit – Annoh-Dompreh quizzes
- Sleeping at events not part of your promises – Akufo-Addo told
- Mahama commends Akufo-Addo for completing Adaklu SHS
- NPP man cries uncontrollably over betrayal by Nana Addo, others