Ghanaian acts, Patapaa and Kuami Eugene have been billed to perform at ECOWAS Festival 2018 (ECOFEST) which comes off on Friday, November 16 in Sierra Leone.
The concert, put together by Kabaka Multimedia Entertainment (KME), will see the One Corner hitmaker and Kuami Eugene share the stage with artistes like Innocent Salone, Patoranking, Arkman, Dallas B, Drizilik, Empress P, Kao Denero, Boss LAJ, LXG and a host of others across the continent.
Speaking at the official launch of the concert in Sierra Leone, CEO of KME, Abu Bakarr Turay, said one of the reasons his outfit is interested in organising the concert is to let the world know about Sierra Leonean music and for it to get a fair share of representation on the global stage.
“This is a big event the world should recognise; let us support the initiative in our own way. No one will do it for us, we have to get to it done by ourselves and this is the first step so let’s do it,” he said.
Patapaa told the Daily Graphic he was excited to be part of the event. “It is just great when your hard work pays off and people invite you to perform on their platforms.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“I am really excited to be on the same stage with all these great people and I am glad my music has been accepted worldwide.
This shows that we have something to offer so we have to strive for excellence as artistes. “
Kuami Eugene also said the selection of Ghanaian artistes for the concert shows that the industry is doing something right.
“What every artiste wants is to cross his or her borders and today, I am glad to see it happen to me though it is not the first time.
“This shows people are watching as well so if you want to do something, just do it well.”
Asked how prepared he is for the night, the Confusion singer said, “I am representing Ghana and I need to leave an indelible mark before I come back to Ghana so preparation is ongoing, the team is ready to blow the minds of the people of Sierra Leone.”
- Patapaa and ‘Otetafo’ Kuami Eugene arrive in Sierra Leone for ECOFEST
- Bola Ray organises ‘battle’ for West African musicians in Sierra Leone | ECOFEST SIERRA LEONE 2018
- Adebayor dumps Patapaa after releasing ‘Otetafo’
- Most Gospel Musicians Have Not Accepted Jesus Christ As Their Lord and Personal Savior – Patapaa’s Former Manager
- Patapaa’s former manager to save dying gospel music
- Ghana USA Peace Concert: Organizers react to reports that concert flopped
- FLOPPED: Ghana USA Peace Concert which had Maccasio, Patapaa, Kidi, Kuami Eugene, others billed recorded less than 50 people
- Patapaa: I used to do Classic Highlife Before Switching Genre
- Patapaa introduces new music genre
- Ghanaian Celebrities Whose Talent Are Still Questioned
- 5 Ghanaian musicians whose career were killed by dumb decisions
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- Exposing private parts, and other 9 weird moments in the history of Ghana music
- Patapaa and Jay Wan Finally Drops The Grenade Song ‘Sokoto’
- Patapaa and Jay Wan To Release A Song On 21st August
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Catherine Afeku, Patapaa’s dance battle at Kundum Festival Mega Jam
- Patapaa gifts Fadda Dickson a copy of maiden album
- Fancy Gadam Debunks Rumours That Patapaa Has Taken Him To Juju
- Shatta Wale, Patapaa, others thrill Cape Coasters in sparkling Oguaa Fetu Afahye
- First copy of Patapaa’s album purchased for GHC60,000
- Past highlifers have inspired my songs – Pataapa
- ‘Pa2pa’ album to takeover the world – Pataapa
- Sco pa tu mana: How Patapaa became a global Internet meme
- ‘Greedy’ Patapaa is riding on my song to achieve fame – Kawoula
- Patapaa is too ugly; he looks like an animal – Lilwin
- VIDEO: Lil Win Blasts Patapaa For Doing Wack Songs
- Foster Romanus mocks Bawumia, Patapaa, Sarkodie, others at MMC Live
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Patapaa throws shots at Medikal in new son ‘Sure Bet’