Passport application forms are now free, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration has announced.
Effective today, passport applicants will have to download a PDF format of the passport application form from the Ministry’s website, it said.
However, it said the 50 cedis and 100 cedis processing fee for regular and express services remain unchanged.
A statement issued Thursday evening to address some of the concerns of the public regarding passport acquisition in the country said payment of the processing fees will no longer be done at the bank.
“Payment can only be made by mobile money (MTN, Vodafone) and Visa or MasterCard,” it indicated.
The new system, the Ministry explained, does not replace the already existing online Passport Application System at the Accra Passport Application Centres.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
On the issue of shortage of passport booklets, it said the Ministry it is currently assisting the Passport Office to adopt a number of steps including improvements in procurement, and that “hopefully, shortage of booklets should be a thing of the past”.
According to the ministry, a significant number of completed passports remain uncollected for months and years now.
Effective Monday November 5, 2018, all applicants who applied before September 15, 2018 and have not collected their passports can visit www.mfa.gov.gh to check the list of uncollected passports and to make plans to claim them from the various Passport application centres.
“The Ministry is also appealing to Ghanaians to endeavour to apply for a Passport when they have need for it,” it said.
These measures, it said, would restore confidence and help ease the process of passport acquisition in the country.
- Ghana signs 6-nation visa waiver for diplomatic & ordinary passports users
- Ghana finalizes agreement with GERC for $2.2bn Eastern railway project
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Mum sensed daughter’s death
- BREAKING NEWS: UK Bans Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft From Its Airspace
- This is the Nigerian who died in the Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Ghanaians expected on crashed Ethiopian Airlines flight
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Cape360 awarded at 2018 Central Region Tourism Awards; see full list of winners
- How to successfully apply for South Africa Visitor Visa from Ghana
- Nalerigu: What the capital of the newly created North East Region has for tourists
- Nigerians Travel To Ghana Just To See KIA Terminal 3
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi’s Regeneration Concert records impeccable performances in a marijuana-filled atmosphere
- Ghanaian Passport returns to 10-year validity period
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi Botanical Gardens to host African Culture and Wellness Festival
- Uganda hints of Sex Tourism
- START PACKING: Canada wants 1 million more new immigrants over the next 3 years
- U.S ambassador summoned over high rate of visa denials
- Free WiFi on board Dubai taxis
- Ghana’s tourism promoted by Shatta Wale’s Reign album launch
- Ethiopia to give all Africans visa-on-arrival
- 10 incredible drone photography shots of Western Region that will give you serious wanderlust
- Kotoka Airport: Domestic airline operations moved to Terminal 2
- U.S DV Lottery 2020 opens for entries
- Melania Trump’s visit will boost tourism – Minister
- VIDEO: Watch the arrival of Emirates A380 at the Kotoka Airport Terminal 3
- 10 things you need to know about Airbus A380
- Emirates A380 lands in Accra (Photos)