Ghana were not seeded for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations draw to be held in Cairo (Egypt) on Friday.
Contrary to earlier reports, the Black Stars finds themselves in pot 2 hence likely to face stiffer oppositions at the Group stage.
The four-time Africa Champions are in the same pot with Cote d’ Ivoire, Algeria, DR Congo, Guinea and Mali.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Pot 1 which will be the seeded teams consist of host Egypt, defending Champions Cameroon, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia and Morocco.
South Africa, Uganda, Benin, Mauritania, Madagascar and Kenya make up pot 3 with pot 4, obviously the low ranked teams in Africa having Zimbabawe, Angola, Namibia Guinea Bissau, Tanzania and Burundi.
The seedings according to CAF was done based on the various rankings of the teams.
- Orange-Liberia, Making Liberians Feel Part of 2019 AFCON
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Madagascar hold Guinea in historic AFCON game
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Cameroon eligible to play at AFCON after CAS dismissed Comoros case
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Guinea name injured Naby Keïta in provisional squad for AFCON
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- I am almost done with my selection for AFCON-Kwesi Appiah
- Kotoko captain Amos Frimpong tips Ghana to progress out of AFCON Group
- Ghanaian referee Daniel Laryea to officiate at AFCON 2019
- Black Stars Management Committee inspect facility in UAE for team’s camping base ahead of AFCON
- Kwesi Appiah hints at possible omission of “unfit” Asamoah Gyan from Black Stars squad for AFCON 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Ghana in tricky Group for 2019 AFCON
- WATCH LIVE VIDEO: 2019 Africa Cup of Nations draw in Egypt
- NC boss Dr. Kofi Amoah leads 4-man delegation for 2019 AFCON draw
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Infantino confirms attendance of AFCON 2019 draw
- Ghana Football Association Normalisation Committee presents $7.2 million budget to government for 2019 AFCON