The certificate, which was proudly presented to Mr. Antwi-Boasiako popularly known as Chairman Wontumi, was in recognition of his outstanding contribution towards the development of Agriculture in Ghana.
At the just ended 34th National Farmers’ Day celebration, the Ashanti Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party, Mr. Bernard Antwi-Boasiako, was awarded the best farmer (first runner up) in the Ashanti region.
The certificate of merit which was signed by Hon. Owusu Afriyie Akoto, the minister for Food and Agriculture was presented to Chairman Wontumi on 7th December, 2018.
In an interview with Peacefmonline.com shortly after picking up the award, Chairman Wontumi revealed that he has 10,000 acres of maize farm.
According to Chairman Wontumi, he went into farming to fulfill his desire to feed the country and beyond despite his political career.
James Obeng Boateng, a 60-year old farmer from the Nkoranza South District of the Brong Ahafo Region, was adjudged the 2018 National Best Farmer.
He was presented with a GH¢ 480,000 cheque by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo at the 34th National Farmers Day celebration held in Tamale.
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- Where are the elders in NPP? Chairman Wontumi’s actions are gradually sending the party to opposition
- NPP and NDC’s achievements that are confusing voters in decision making
- Seven NPP scandals that make John Mahama an angel with Airbus scandal
- Dismissed NPP leader chased out of executives meeting
- We’re done defending govt, Akufo-Addo – Jomoro NPP boycotts radio, TV
- NPP Loyal Ladies hold maiden conference in Western North Region
- NPP has reduced Otabil to a GHC620m ‘chop chop’ overseer – Adongo
- Wontumi names his best performing ministers under Akufo-Addo
- NDC names 4 ‘moles’ on Wontumi’s payroll
- Krachi West NPP disqualifies all aspirants who picked forms
- Asawase NPP boils over imposition of candidate
- NPP executives, EC official arrested for Voter registration fraud
- ‘Enough of the daily lies, walk your talk’ – NPP told
- NPP is becoming attractive to us by its deeds – Sampa Zongo Chief
- NDC rejects Regional Minister’s sugar, NPP does same to Adongo’s sugar
- NPP to maintain power beyond 2032 – Chairman Wontumi
- NPP planning to sacrifice 3 kidnapped T’di girls for rituals in 2020 polls – NDC alleges
- 3 NPP activists arrested with NIA registration materials at old Fadama
- NDC didn’t build new Kejetia-Central market – Wontumi contests
- Second militia disbandment meeting Monday
- John Mahama’s father should have been jailed – Chairman Wontumi
- Wontumi is FOOLISH today because he had no father like E.A Mahama-NDC replies
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- Ghana in trouble as Bawumia turns Presidential website into NPP website
- REVIEW: President Nana Addo’s Performance After 2 Years In Office
- Reverend Owusu Bempah Is A Biased Prophet – John Mahama
- NPP/NDC Politics Has Taken Over My Church – Duncan Williams Laments
- NPP MP’s Sleeping With NDC Women – Haruna Iddrisu Reveals
- BREAKING NEWS: Former NPP MP for Afigya Sekyere East Constituency DEAD