Ex-President John Dramani Mahama has accused the ruling New Patriotic Party(NPP) of being reckless in opposition in the runup to the 2016 general elections.
According to him, the NPP made lofty promises most of which have not been fulfilled almost three years after assuming office.
Delivering a Lecture on Democracy and Elections in Contemporary Africa at the Said Business School in London over the weekend, Mr Mahama expressed hope with Ghanaians now seeing the lies peddled by the NPP, they will return the NDC to power come 2020 elections.
“The opposition can be very reckless like I saw in 2016, they promised Heaven and said when we come we’ll build a factory in every district, we’ll build a dam in every village, we’ll give every constituency $1million every year. I mean I managed the economy I can’t make that kind of promise and so I said they are lying but I sounded sweet in the ear and so, of course, you get voted out.
He added: “And so what can you do, you just hope that people will see through and so people are now asking where are the factories, where are the dams, where are the $1million? It is a democratic learning experience for us and so incumbency has its advantages.
- 7 Promises by John Mahama that we can confidently trust
- 5 Promises John Mahama has made that we cannot trust
- Is John Mahama on a promising spree because he still believes Ghanaians have short memory?
- What Prof. Jane Naana Opoku has in common with past running mates that should scare the NPP
- Prof. Jane Naana Opoku? The Pros and cons put NDC in a tight corner
- Where are all the senior politicians in the NDC? The battle is no longer for babies
- John Mahama’s running mate announcement, and other important events coronavirus has affected
- Why John Mahama is bent on reversing the Public Universities Bill
- Analysis of the choice of Mahama’s running mate and its political consequences for the NDC
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- All what you need to know about the Universities Bill and why John Mahama has vowed to cancel it
- Can John Mahama win the elections with the same Green Book he lost with?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Election 2020: John Mahama or Nana Akufo-Addo?
- This is why Mahama is losing the 2020 elections
- Why President Nana Akufo-Addo will lose the 2020 General Elections to John Mahama easily
- Why John Mahama Would Win 2020 Elections
- The Death Of Atta Mills: Who bails the cat?
- Why one of these 3 would be John Mahama’s running mate
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal
- Akufo-Addo and John Mahama shamed by international media
- Nana Akomea jabs Mahama at Manasseh’s book launch
- John Mahama wrote his resignation before Mills died – Manasseh’s book reveals
- Mahama rejects PNC’s referendum ‘NO’ vote stance
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- I used 3 meetings to convince Mahama in 2005 to accept presidency – Bagbin
- 10 people Mahama will not choose as running mate for 2020 Poll
- Akufo-Addo has improved Ghanaians living standards – Rev Owusu Bempah
- Don’t impose your cultures on us – Mahama
- AWW violence will be repeated on a larger scale in 2020 – Mahama