The Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II is of a strong view that the two major political parties in Ghana; the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the National Democratic Congress (NDC) will continue to alternate in political power despite the existence of other existence political parties in the country.
“Whether we like it or not the two parties will continue to govern the country”, he addressed a gathering as part of activities to commemorate 20th years of his ascension of the golden stool covered by MyNewsGh.com
The respected King disclosed that he has been consistently tagged as a politician with others claiming he is a member of the opposition NDC with others associating him with the governing NPP.
“I represent the interest of Ghana and Asanteman. I am not an NPP or NDC”, the monarch pointed out the event covered by MyNewsGh.com’s reporters.
The Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II also revealed that but for his intervention, Former President John Agyekum Kufuor and Jerry John Rawlings would have still been bitter enemies till date because the later vowed never to speak with or meet the former after the 2000 elections.
“I became King in 1999. After the 2000 elections, Rawlings vowed neither to speak with nor meet Kufuor. I had to summon both to a meeting before he agreed to invite Kufuor to conduct him round the Osu Castle as an incoming President before the handing over”
- Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II visits Mahama
- Mahama challenges Otumfuo on 2016 election concession
- 2 KNUST lecturers produced wrong Asantehene’s statue
- Anger in Kumasi as city authorities erect ‘wrong’ Asantehene’s statue
- Asantehene thanks God for 20 years reign
- How Asantehene’s phone call saved Ghana after failed attempts by Kufuor, others
- Meet Asantehene, his wife and children
- How the Asantehene climaxed the 20th anniversary on the Golden Stool
- Asantehene cuts sod for the construction of a nine storey hostel facility at KNUST
- BREAKING NEWS: Professor J.H Nketia Dies At 97