General Overseer of the Action Chapel International Ministry, Nicholas Duncan-Williams has stated that politics have divided his church, claiming that some National Democratic Congress (NDC) members of his church refuse to pay tithes because he prays for the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) government.
Speaking with Good Evening Ghana host Paul Adom Otchere, the Archbishop said politics has divided people in his church to the extent that couples, siblings now hate each other.
According to him, due to the bitterness and hatred among themselves, the church has now become divided in the name of politics and he sometimes wonders how they got to this stage.
“We are dividing people, our people in this church who are family; some NDC, some NPP and sometimes it’s amazing to see how they relate to one another. Because of politics, we are dividing the churches. The churches are divided; husbands and wives, one is NDC, one is NPP and brothers and sisters; and the hatred and the bitterness and sometimes the arguments. The way they argue and the things they say”, he lamented.
Duncan-Williams further revealed how he gets attacked by people from his church who belong to the opposition party whether it being the NPP or the NDC.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
NPP people in this church, when NDC was in office and I used to pray for President Mahama you should see how they attack me. They used to come to my office here and attack me and say what is your problem? Some people will even tell you to stop praying for them… And I look at them and say what kind of thinking is this”, he disclosed.
“Now that NDC is gone and NPP has come and I’m praying based on scripture, it’s a command… there are Christians in this church, in my own churches who because of their political parties and what they believe their parties can accomplish and everything; praying for the present government are angry with me and they tell me. They’re angry with me and some of them say I won’t even pay my tithes”, he complained bitterly.
Duncan-Williams further cautioned Ghanaians to be wary of the tensions politics is creating in the country as we are currently sitting on a time bomb.
“The depth of division in this country with the hatred that goes with it and the level of bitterness and anger because of ‘this belong to this party, that belongs to that party, Paul I’m telling you we’re sitting on a time bomb… and it will not be long we will face situations and there’s nothing National Security can do about it because the most dangerous thing is to deal with the man who is not afraid to die.”
- NPP and NDC’s achievements that are confusing voters in decision making
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- Reverend Owusu Bempah Is A Biased Prophet – John Mahama
- VIDEO: John Mahama Will Lose 2020 Elections Just Like Nigeria’s Atiku – Owusu Bempah Predicts
- Mahama Vows Never To Apologise For “Boot For Boot” Comment
- Ayawaso By-Election: John Mahama Visits Victims Of Gun Attack – PHOTOS
- 7 Celebrities offered appointment under President Nana Addo
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- NDC rejects Regional Minister’s sugar, NPP does same to Adongo’s sugar
- NPP planning to sacrifice 3 kidnapped T’di girls for rituals in 2020 polls – NDC alleges
- Second militia disbandment meeting Monday
- NPP MP’s Sleeping With NDC Women – Haruna Iddrisu Reveals
- Afia Schwarzenegger Suggests Akua Donkor Should Be Caged Like A Monkey
- PHOTO: British Prime Minister, Theresa May Invites John Dumelo To Listen To Brexit Talks At British House Of Commons
- VIDEO: Tracey Boakye Twerks For John Mahama For Winning NDC’s Flagbearership Race
- BREAKING: Kennedy Agyapong Releases Audio Of NDC’s Plan To Kill Dr Bawumia – AUDIO
- VIDEO: President Akufo-Addo Is A Disappointment To Ghana – Kumawood Actor
- Rawlings Attacks Kufuor Again – Here Is What He Said
- Ayawaso By-Election: NDC’s Ishau Yaro To Lose His Leg From Gun Wounds
- PHOTOS: NDC And Other Opposition Parties Demonstrate Against Nana Addo’s Government
- VIDEO: Minority In Parliament Tags Late Agyarko’s Wife As “Bloody Widow”
- I Regret Endorsing NDC – Mzbel Cries Out
- VIDEO: NPP’s Nana B Slaps NDC’s Sammy Gyamfi During A Live Studio Discussion In The Studio Of Asempa FM
- Ayawaso By-Election: Late Agyarko’s Wife In A Comfortable Lead
- Ayawaso By-Election: Let’s Come Together And Kick Out NPP And NDC In 2020 – A-Plus To Ghanaian Youths
- Ayawaso By-Election: NDC MP, Sam George Receives Several Slaps From NPP’s Invincible Forces – VIDEO
- Ayawaso By-Election: Actor John Dumelo Attacked By Masked Gunmen? – VIDEO
- Ayawaso By-Election: NDC Withdraws Following Shooting Incident
- Ayawaso by-Election: Gunshots Fired At Bawaleshie Presby polling station Injuring 3 People
- VIDEO: “Foolish Journalism” – Yvonne Nelson Insults Ghanaian Journalists For Twisting Her Words