As the 2020 election fast approaches, the two major political parties (National Patriotic Party and National Democratic Congress) are hammering on the achievements to woo voters, particularly floating voters, in voting for them.
Both flagbearers of the parties have served for a term each and the 2020 elections will seek to reward the best. Today, we compare some of the good deeds of the parties and see how they will influence your decision making.
Let us begin with some good records of the National Democratic Congress.
The Unmatched records
John Dramani Mahama has a long-standing record in infrastructural development which is uncontested in the 4th republican dispensation of our Ghanaian politics. This has helped improve tourism which generates lots of income, his numerous roads infrastructure which has transformed lives of Ghanaians. His hospital projects have been the key infrastructures that are standing tall in this COVID-19 season. So it’s interesting to know that his infrastructure projects transformed lives and businesses which his opponent cannot context.
Vindicated Corruption tag and Perception
Most Ghanaians before today were made to believe that John Dramani Mahama was the most corrupt President Ghana has ever had, but after power transcended, everyone had seen that this isn’t the real narrative. The corruption perception index has vindicated him and Ghanaians can read between the lines now. He has also proven his commitment to fight corruption by prosecuting his appointee who is in prisons at the moment.
His economic policies are fantastic I.e. Contingency Funds, ESLA, Sinking Funds amongst others that are the backbone of our Ghanaian economy today even though he was embarking on infrastructural projects.
The fixed problems
One of the major problems that were draining his government was “Dumsor” and to cut the story short, he resolved the issue with excess energy capacity. This proves that he’s a goal-oriented individual.
Let us look at the New Patriotic Party as well.
Free Senior High School Policy
The NPP government after winning the 2016 general elections made it possible for students in underprivileged families and those who couldn’t afford for secondary education to attend school through the introduction and implementation of the free senior high school. Although the policy has its challenges, it has made it possible for over a million people to attend school for free.
Nation Builders’ Corps (NaBco)
The NPP government managed the situation of unemployment through the implementation of the Nation Builders’ Corps. The programme gave graduate students who have completed their national service but couldn’t find job, a year contract to work in a state institution and are paid GHS700.
One Constituency, One Ambulance
Before the NPP assumed office, the country had about 36 state-owned ambulances. The situation led to the loss of lives since there was no means to transport people who were critically ill to another hospital for treatment. However, this phenomenon was augmented when the NPP government procured and distributed some 275 and more ambulances to each constituency in the country. The ambulances came with their biomedical officers.
Both the NPP and the NDC have achieved a lot than we have mentioned here. What significant achievement of either NDC or NPP is missing here? And judging from the achievements of both parties which would you vote for in the upcoming 2020 elections?
- Why President Nana Akufo-Addo will lose the 2020 General Elections to John Mahama easily
- The Death Of Atta Mills: Who bails the cat?
- Joyce Blessing’s Divorce saga and why Ghanaians think it’s a publicity stunt
- Is Sarkodie currently in Ghana?
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- Reverend Owusu Bempah Is A Biased Prophet – John Mahama
- NPP/NDC Politics Has Taken Over My Church – Duncan Williams Laments
- VIDEO: John Mahama Will Lose 2020 Elections Just Like Nigeria’s Atiku – Owusu Bempah Predicts
- VIDEO: President Akufo-Addo Is A Disappointment To Ghana – Kumawood Actor
- Mahama Vows Never To Apologise For “Boot For Boot” Comment
- Ayawaso By-Election: John Mahama Visits Victims Of Gun Attack – PHOTOS
- Thinking of marrying NPP man? Asiedu Nketia has an advice for you
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- Election 2020: John Mahama or Nana Akufo-Addo?
- NDC rejects Regional Minister’s sugar, NPP does same to Adongo’s sugar
- NPP planning to sacrifice 3 kidnapped T’di girls for rituals in 2020 polls – NDC alleges
- Second militia disbandment meeting Monday
- PHOTO: John Dumelo And Kwame A-Plus; The Two Smart Men In Ghana?
- NPP MP’s Sleeping With NDC Women – Haruna Iddrisu Reveals
- Afia Schwarzenegger Suggests Akua Donkor Should Be Caged Like A Monkey
- VIDEO: Tracey Boakye Twerks For John Mahama For Winning NDC’s Flagbearership Race
- BREAKING: Kennedy Agyapong Releases Audio Of NDC’s Plan To Kill Dr Bawumia – AUDIO
- Rawlings Attacks Kufuor Again – Here Is What He Said
- Ayawaso By-Election: NDC’s Ishau Yaro To Lose His Leg From Gun Wounds
- PHOTOS: NDC And Other Opposition Parties Demonstrate Against Nana Addo’s Government
- VIDEO: Minority In Parliament Tags Late Agyarko’s Wife As “Bloody Widow”
- I Regret Endorsing NDC – Mzbel Cries Out
- VIDEO: NPP’s Nana B Slaps NDC’s Sammy Gyamfi During A Live Studio Discussion In The Studio Of Asempa FM
- Ayawaso By-Election: Late Agyarko’s Wife In A Comfortable Lead
- Ayawaso By-Election: Let’s Come Together And Kick Out NPP And NDC In 2020 – A-Plus To Ghanaian Youths