Versatile artiste Denning Edem Hotor known in showbiz as Edem has stated that no Ghanaian artiste can do what he does when it comes music and talent.
In an interview on Radio Central, Amansan Krakye asked why the Koene singer keeps trying his hands on different genres.
He explained that, he is not just trying his hands on different genres but rather doing what he’s capable of.
“I’m not trying to move, I’m doing what I’m capable of. Every other artiste who is a rapper and could sing would do like Edem but they can’t that’s why they don’t do it, and I can that’s why I do it” – Edem said.
Edem went to reveal that no Ghanaian rapper can sing and no dancehall artiste can rap like he has been doing.
“So it’s not about moving it’s the fact that I can do it and I’m capable and I’m that talented. No dancehall artiste can rap but I did ‘Go Harder‘, no rapper can sing but I did ‘Ghetto Arise‘ so it’s a fact that the talent is on that level and I’m exhibiting it”, he added.
The VRMG boss who was formerly known as Ayigbe Edem broke into the Ghanaian music scene as hardcore rapper under Last 2 Music Group management headed by Hammer. Over the years, Edem has proven he is just not a rapper but a musician so he ventured into other genres aside hip hop and he never disappointed his fans.
Edem has done reggae, dancehall, highlife, afro pop, hiplife, among others. He just released another hiplife song titled Godo featuring six up-and-coming artistes from Volta region.
- Are the artistes paid more than what Bullet wrote on the list?
- Artistes Taking Advantage of Bullet and Ebony Father’s Media War to Resurrect Career
- Edem is Snappy Snacks’ ambassador but the kids say they don’t know him
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- ‘I Don’t Envy Sarkodie’s Success’- Edem
- It is wrong to ban celebrities from endorsing alcoholic drinks – Edem
- My all time best rapper is Tinny – Edem
- My ‘Toto’ song is a big hit although the media labelled it profane’ – Edem
- Edem drops new music video titled ‘Drop that Chamber’ to fire Ghanaian MPs
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- If I were Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale I won’t return any award to VGMA Board – Edem
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- I Don’t Agree With Edem, I’m Not Underrated As He Claims – Adina
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi
- Hard times: Even Akufo-Addo’s favourite Kalypo is now expensive – Edem cries
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- I’m not feeling the ‘change’ Akufo-Addo promised in my pocket – Edem
- ‘If You Are An Artiste & You Use Juju, You’re FOOLISH’- Edem
- Trabzonspor to open negotiations with Leeds over Ekuban
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019