News of the completion of a world-class airport in Ghana is making Nigerians embark on a compelling tourism trip to Ghana.
Acting Managing Director of the Ghana Airports Company Limited, Yaw Kwakwa, told journalists at a press soirée organised by the Aviation Ministry on Wednesday in Accra that Nigerians are trooping to Ghana to see the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) Terminal 3, which was completed in 2018.
He said by building Terminal 3, Ghana is recording a high number of air travellers from Nigeria.
According to him, people travel from Nigeria just to see KIA Terminal 3.
The $250 million Terminal 3 at KIA was designed in accordance with the latest International Air Transport Association (IATA) requirements based on optimal service level.
Access to the terminal is provided through a new main road, which was constructed as part of the project. The main entrance is located in front of the central check-in hall, making it easy to enter the terminal. The check-in hall is designed to incorporate expressive forms reflecting Ghanaian culture and values. Surface car parking is located within walking distance from the terminal.
Designed for international traffic, the new terminal comprises five levels spread across an area of 45,000m². The terminal features six contact stands for Code E aircraft and two additional remote stands.
The new terminal has the capacity to process 1,250 passengers at peak times, large retail and commercial area, three business lounges, six fixed links and seven air bridges expandable to eight. Parking space is available with the capacity to handle more than 700 cars.
Nigerian gospel musician Ebenezer Benjamin trended in Ghana’s social media space in September 2018 for praising the Terminal 3 of Ghana’s Kotoka International Airport (KIA) over those of his country. Mr Kwakwa said since then, the number of Nigerians visiting Ghana has quadrupled.
- Ghana’s tourism promoted by Shatta Wale’s Reign album launch
- VIDEO: Watch the arrival of Emirates A380 at the Kotoka Airport Terminal 3
- Kotoka Airport Terminal 3 official inauguration cancelled; President shy to inaugurate facility
- Ghanaians will no longer need visa to enter South Africa
- Tourism ambassadors urged to be business minded
- Advocates of ‘3tw3 nim Nyansa’ as Tourism Destination Need Sanity Check – Opambour
- Adansi Travels awarded by Arabian Adventures
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Trabzonspor to open negotiations with Leeds over Ekuban
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Partey committed to Atletico Madrid amidst transfer rumours
- Ghana finalizes agreement with GERC for $2.2bn Eastern railway project
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghana’s two angels: An insult to their congregations
- SECURITY ALERT: Prophet Stephen Kwadwo Adom – a threat to public safety
- CUSTOMER CARE: Is Opportunity International Savings and Loans next to Midlands?
- Death and the politics of tribute in Ghana: Focusing on the Akan
- Honourable but not honest