The Constituency Executives of the opposition National Democratic Congress in Evalue-Ajomoro Gwira Constituency of the Western Region have exposed a faceless journalist called Ato Kuntu Blankson who has been published negative stories against Mr. Kofi Arko Nokoe who is aspiring to be the party’s parliamentary candidate.
In a news article written by one Ato Kuntu Blankson, published by Ghanaweb on Wednesday, August 14, 2019, described Kofi Arko Nokoe as a mole in NDC.
According to the story, “He is known to have partnered some key members of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) with key among them as the current Member of Parliament for the Evalue Ajomoro Gwira and former Tourism Minister Madam Catherine Afeku and the current Municipal Chief Executive, Mr Frank Okpenye who sponsored and partly participated in the demonstration against the NDC then in government, making it unpopular”.
‘Faceless’ Ato Kuntu Blankson subsequently published on Modernghana.com that “Evalue Ajomoro Gwira NDC reject NPP mole aspirant as the party endorses his disqualification”.
The Evalue-Ajomoro Gwira Constituency is one of the 17 Constituencies that National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party put on hold for unknown reasons but later cleared the road for the primaries.
The Vetting Committee is expected to vet the prospective aspirants on Monday, August 19, 2019, at AYA Community Center in the Ellembelle District.
Mr. Kofi Arko Nokoe who has been tipped to win the upcoming parliamentary primaries is contesting with one Kua Dickson.
But in a statement issued and signed by the Constituency Secretary of the party, Mr. John T. K. Abugri, copied to the media, opined that “We as the leaders of the party do not oppose or align ourselves to any of the two candidates as been published by Modernghana.com an online news publication on the 17th of August 2019 as well as that of the Ghanaweb.com which appeared on Wednesday 14th August, 2019 by this faceless and mould begotten bull of this era (Ato Kuntu Blankson)”.
The statement, therefore stated that Mr. Kofi Arko Nokoe and the other aspirant were committed members of the party.
“We believe the two candidates are committed members of our party NDC and we shall rally strongly with any of the two who emerges as the Victor after the parliamentary primaries which is scheduled on the 21st September, 2019”, the statement emphasized.
The statement is, therefore, urging the general public to consider the publications by the faceless Ato Kuntu Blankson as ‘immaterial’ which shouldn’t be given the needed attention.
Below is the full statement
“EVALUE AJOMORO GWIRA NDC REJECT NPP MOLE ASPIRANT AS THE PARTY ENDORSES HIS DISQUALIFICATION”
With the above caption with reference to the constituency executives of “the Evalue Ajomoro Gwira Constituency executives have strongly rejected the candidature of Mr Kofi Arko Nokoe” to contest the upcoming primaries.
We the constituency executives hereby write to categorically state that, we are not aware of the manoeuvres of the faceless individual or group of persons who are behind this unproductive venture to tanish the reputation of the constituency executives.
We as the leaders of the party do not oppose or align ourselves to any of the two candidates as been published by Modernghana.com an online news publication on the 17th of August 2019 as well as that of the Ghanaweb.com which appeared on Wednesday 14th August, 2019 by this faceless and mould begotten bull of this era (Ato Kuntu Blankson).
We believe the two candidates are committed members of our party NDC and we shall rally strongly with any of the two who emerges as the Victor after the parliamentary primaries which is scheduled on the 21st September, 2019.
All committed delegates should remain calm and focus on ways and means that would make us unseat the NPP candidate in the general parliamentary and presidential elections.
We also urge the general public to consider those publications by Ato Kuntu Blankson as immaterial which should not be given the needed attention.
John T. K. Abugri
Constituency Secretary of Evalue Ajomoro Gwira
- NPP and NDC’s achievements that are confusing voters in decision making
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal
- Reasons why the NDC opposes the compilation of a new Voters Register
- NDC won’t disclose manifesto now – National Youth Organiser
- SHS headteachers, officials of GES now in bed with failed NPP govt – NDC cries out
- NDC executive assaulted at Kyebi over Okyenhene insult
- NDC dissociates from comments against Okyenhene
- Akyem Abuakwa Traditional council demands apology from NDC
- Full list of winners and losers at NDC parliamentary primaries
- Businessman wins Techiman South NDC parliamentary slot
- Death scare hits Ashaiman NDC as 6 members die in two months
- 4 file to contest Dome Kwabenya NDC primary
- 8,000 students set to graduate from NDC school
- With or without court injunction we’ll still demonstrate – NDC to defy court order
- NDC to embark on ‘Ye npene/Baa mu yada’ demonstration against EC on Monday
- NDC rejects Regional Minister’s sugar, NPP does same to Adongo’s sugar
- NPP planning to sacrifice 3 kidnapped T’di girls for rituals in 2020 polls – NDC alleges
- NDC launches door-to-door campaign for 2020 polls
- Second militia disbandment meeting Monday
- ‘I keep receiving death threats from callers’ – Sister of stabbed NDC supporter
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- Reverend Owusu Bempah Is A Biased Prophet – John Mahama
- BREAKING: Former NDC Chairman Dr Kwabena Adjei is dead
- NPP/NDC Politics Has Taken Over My Church – Duncan Williams Laments
- NPP MP’s Sleeping With NDC Women – Haruna Iddrisu Reveals
- Afia Schwarzenegger Suggests Akua Donkor Should Be Caged Like A Monkey
- VIDEO: John Mahama Will Lose 2020 Elections Just Like Nigeria’s Atiku – Owusu Bempah Predicts
- VIDEO: Tracey Boakye Twerks For John Mahama For Winning NDC’s Flagbearership Race
- BREAKING: Kennedy Agyapong Releases Audio Of NDC’s Plan To Kill Dr Bawumia – AUDIO
- VIDEO: President Akufo-Addo Is A Disappointment To Ghana – Kumawood Actor