Three entertainment personalities over the weekend inched closer to becoming members of Ghana’s parliament.
The three, all well-known faces when it comes to the movie screens, braced the storms and took huge gambles that paid off late Saturday.
After Saturday’s hotly contested primaries organised by the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Ghana’s largest opposition party, John Dumelo, Dzifa Gomashie and Ebi Bright were among the victors.
Some 524 aspirants offered themselves to become Parliamentary candidates of the NDC across 157 constituencies in the country ahead of the 2020 general elections.
After voting, John Dumelo annexed the mandate to represent the Ayawaso West Wougon Constituency by beating Suzzy Afua Adoboe.
Mr Dumelo, a newcomer to politics, pulled a resounding 758 out of the 859 votes cast, to beat Madam Adoboe who garnered a paltry 99 votes.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Veteran actress, Dzifa Gomashie, won the bid to represent the Ketu South constituency.
Madam Gomashie, who a former Deputy Minister for Tourism, Creative Arts and Culture under erstwhile John Dramani Mahama administration, beat four other candidates to win the slot.
She dispatched Paul Nyavi, a teacher; Nicholas Worclashie, a lecturer; Caroline Dukuh-Parker; and Fogah Nuku to annex the slot.
After the votes were counted, the veteran actress won 586 votes with her closest contender, Fogah Nuku, polling 555 votes.
Nicholas Worclashie, Paul Nyavi and Caroline Dukuh-Parker all had 302, 294 and 109 votes respectively.
Another actress, Ebi Bright, will also represent the NDC in the Tema Central constituency after beating two other candidates.
After the polls, Bright polled 421 while Sedinam Matanawui and Carl Owuompesika polled 249 and 111 votes respectively, out of the 781 total votes cast.
- John Dumelo pushes ‘borla’ truck for votes
- Dumelo pushes for twice a week wearing of ‘Ghana clothes,’ says it will create jobs
- Nadia Buari plays with John Dumelo’s son on his birthday
- I’ve plans to establish something like Silicon Valley in Ghana – John Dumelo
- I am bankrupt – John Dumelo cries
- What Dumelo told Samini after he called on him to change the narrative
- Go and change the narrative – Samini tells Dumelo
- John Dumelo starts campaigning for 2020 elections
- I will not stop acting when elected MP – John Dumelo
- Dumelo’s wife calls fan a ‘witch’ over wedding photo with her in-laws
- Is it your breast? – John Dumelo angrily jabs fan over wife’s sagging boobs
- Why Yvonne Nelson did not attend John Dumelo’s wedding
- All set for Dumelo’s white wedding; see photos from his wife’s bachelorette party
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Gify Mawunya was destined to marry John Dumelo and this is why
- Ghanaians who became celebrities because they married or dated celebrities
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities who have been accused of sexual misconduct
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them