Namibia’s government has now decriminalised the act of abandoning a newborn baby, which gender activists say is usually the result of difficulties in procuring legal terminations.
Safe places will be put up where unwanted children can be left without prosecution of the mothers.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Statistics from the Namibian police show that in 2017 – 2018, only 25 cases of baby dumping were reported, but about 7,300 cases of abortion were recorded, The Namibian newspaper reports.
The abortion figure could, however, be as high as 10,000 because some cases went unreported, the paper says.
- Amb. Patten Calls for Diaspora Liberians’ Support
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Government gives away new Kotoka Airport to Turkish
- Liberians face looming deportation deadline as Episcopal leaders join calls for leniency
- Pres. Weah and Government concerned about Liberians facing immigration challenges in the U.S., says Amb. Patten
- She fled Liberia’s civil war 24 years ago. Now Trump wants her to go back
- ‘I was raised an American’: Liberians await possible deportation from US
- Ph.D. student faces deportation to Liberia, where she has never lived
- Showboy handed 15-year sentence with six years to serve in custody – U.S media clarifies
- Employers Asked to Develop Clear Policy on Sexual Harassment At Workplaces
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane’s ‘Black Box’ Has Been Found
- Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash: President Nana Addo Mourns Victims
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane: List Of Nationalities Onboard Released; No Ghanaian Onboard
- SCREENSHOT: Ghanaian Who Was Supposed To Be On Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Speaks
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- VIDEOS: Social Media Goes Frenzy With “Resurrection Challenge”
- NIGERIA ELECTIONS: Atiku Defeats Buhari In Presidential Villa Polling Unit
- NIGERIA ELECTIONS: Vote Counting Underway
- VIDEOS: Nigerian Aircraft Overloaded With Too Much Cash Collapses
- Nigerian elections delayed one week
- Policeman Sentenced To Death For Murder
- Nigeria stampede: Deaths at Buhari rally in Port Harcourt
- Nigeria election: Election office burnt down six days before polls
- US-based Ghanaian, Daniel Kankam Kills Lover For Threatening To Jilt Him
- Menzgold saga: This is how Ghana’s delegation to Dubai was snubbed
- PHOTO: 5 Men increase customer’s balance from $2,000 to $1.2 million after hacking into a Nigerian bank
- Burkina Faso: Prime Minister and cabinet resign from office
- Nana Appiah Mensah To Appear Before A Dubai Court On February 2 For Misdemeanor -Ghana Police And EOCO Release Statement
- Terrorists attacked hotel in Kenya because “the food is delicious” – Thailand’s deputy PM