Entertainment journalist, MzGee, has officially resigned from The Multimedia Group.
GhanaWeb’s sources at the Kokomlemle-based media organisation say the resignation of the broadcaster known in real life as Gloria Akpene Acquah, is effective today, November 1, 2019.
It is unclear where she heads next but our sources say her former employers are in talk with her to rescind her decision as “she is our lead and best entertainment hand”.
The entertainment host and fashion icon’s resignation comes after Manasseh Awuni Azure and Afia Pokua’s exit.
MzGee joined Multimedia in 2014. During her days, she co-produced Daybreak Hitz which is Hitz FM’s four-hour magazine entertainment and lifestyle morning show.
She hosted ‘Campus’ and ‘Entertainment This Week’ on Hitz FM and anchored Hitz News @1.
The silky-voiced presenter also handled the entertainment segment on JoyNews’ evening bulletin and hosted G-Spot, a relationship TV talk show with celebrities as guests on Joy Prime.
MzGee has covered several high profile programmes across the continent including Ghana Music Awards and African Movie Academy Awards.
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz