Veteran Ghanaian actor, Fred Amugi has disclosed why he could not feature in Nigerian movies.
In an interview with Bola Ray on Starr Chat, the 70-year-old actor said his own colleague actors painted him black to Nigeria producers who were willing to work with him when Ghanaian movie industry went down.
According to Amugi who is currently under MK Content Management revealed that several Ghanaian actors who featured in most Nigeria movies tarnished his reputation to Nigerian directors and producers, anytime they requested to contact him.
“My own Ghanaians messed me up. My Ghana friends gave some strange stories about me to Nigerian producers just for me not to get roles.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
I tell you, they are some of my nicest friends. They’ll come and tell me that when I get to Nigeria, they won’t let me come back again because they love me. Meanwhile, they went to do their own things. They are very bad people. I know their names but I just won’t mention names.”
Amugi began his acting career in 1970 in Drama and Documentaries until 1985 when he starred in his first movie “Opinto”. The television series brought him into the limelight.
He has appeared in numerous movie roles, including local Ghanaian movies, Shoe Shine Boy (2013), Nyame Bekyere 1&2 (2015), Menua Paa Nie (2016), Housekeepers (2016) among others. His first international role came in 2005 when he played the character Kwame Attakora in the BBC drama Holby City.
He later starred in Netflix 2015 movie, Beasts of No Nation as “Pastor”. Amugi played the character Pastor Uchebo in the 2015 British award-winning movie “The Cursed Ones“.
- Current Crop Of Ghanaian Actors Use ‘Juju’ To Stay Relevant – Fred Amugi Reveals
- Actor Fred Amugi Denies Sleeping With Rosemond Brown
- I couldn’t pay EIB employees for 7 months – Bola Ray
- 183 staff have left EIB – Bola Ray shockingly reveals
- Bola Ray shares ‘sad’ story of how some EIB staff had to leave his company
- Wendy Shay, Kwesi Arthur, Bola Ray, Emelia Brobbey, other YEA ambassadors visit Asantehene
- Actor Fred Amugi To Sue Rosemond Brown For Defamation
- PHOTOS: 5 must-see photos of radio and television personality, Berla Mundi
- Menzgold saga: NAM1 allegedly gifted Sarkodie $50,000 just for honouring his 34th birthday party invitation (+MORE)
- TV3 ‘snatches’ Giovani Caleb from Bola Ray’s EIB Network
- Go and sin no more – Bola Ray forgives loudmouth entertainment critic
- Fred Amugi is the best in bed among the men I have slept with – Rosemond Brown
- VIDEO: Fred Amugi’s manhood is the sweetest among all the men I’ve dated – Rosemond Brown reveals
- VIDEO: Bola Ray To Fund Kwadee’s Music If He Stays Off ‘Wee’ For A Week?
- REVEALED: Sarkodie Is Richer Than Shatta Wale
- Bola Ray organises ‘battle’ for West African musicians in Sierra Leone | ECOFEST SIERRA LEONE 2018
- Bola Ray did not go to Nigeria to promote Ghana; this is what he did