Ghanaian veteran Gospel musician, Cindy Thompson says not all gospel artistes are called by God.
According to the ‘Kwankyerefo Jesus’ singer, the fact that someone has a nice voice to sing gospel songs does not mean they have been called by God to propagate His message.
“The fact that people tell you, you have a nice voice doesn’t mean you are called by God. You may have the gift which comes to everyone in different ways but God should direct you as to what you have to do with it and how to use it,” she said in an interview monitored by YEN.com.gh.
She urged gospel music lovers to be careful of fake gospel musicians around the world.
“I recall I had an event in Holland and before my performance, a choir came to sing very beautifully. After the show, we had to go and grab something to eat and to my surprise I saw the choristers taking their robes off, pulling out cigarettes and alcohol and I was shocked. I went to ask them if they knew what they were doing was wrong and to my amazement, they answered that they were not Christians but only singers. Some said, they sang because they have the voice and people encouraged them to join the choir but they were not believers of the things of God or Christians.”
She defined a true gospel musician as anyone who is called by God and understands the ministry he or she is in.
“Whatever step one takes, one asks God for guidance; one waits for Him to speak before he or she acts. When one has been called by God, one does not associate with the things of this world. “One is not in competition with anyone because one trusts the person who has called you,” she noted.
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz
- Shatta Wale earns first Grammy credit on Beyonce’s Lion King album
- Only fools buy data just to insult and create rivalry between artistes – Kwaw Kese
- What Deborah Vanessa said about her relationship with Medikal