Exclusive documents available to Adomonline.com have revealed that the Metro Mass Transit Limited is on the heels of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) and seven of its Members of Parliament (MPs) for debts they owe it.
The leading opposition party and the MPs owe the MMT close to 1.5 million Ghana Cedis in debts accruing from the hiring of buses.
A letter written to the Speaker of Parliament by the Managing Director of the MMT, Albert Adu-Boahen, in respect of the seven MPs said: “apart from Honourable Clement Apaak who cleared his indebtedness, the rest of the honourables have failed or refused to pay”.
The MPs include Honourables Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, A. B. A. Fuseini, Mahama Ayariga, Amidu Suleman, Alhaji Tanko, Cletus Avoka and Ras Mubarak.
In a related development, the MMT has in a letter dated August 17, 2018, and signed by the same Albert Adu-Boahene, written to the NDC’s head office attention former Deputy General Secretary, Kofi Adams, alerting it of its refusal to pay a GHC 1,195,179.92 debt owed it.
“Your party’s indebtedness to the company is now GHC 1,195,179.92,” the letter read in part.
We, therefore, write to once again demand that you settle your indebtedness to the company [MMT] which now amounts to GHC 1,195,179.92 by 17th September 2018,” the letter added.
Below are the two letters as written to the Speaker of Parliament and the NDC:
- Ablakwa accused of ‘mischief’ for alleging Volta Region roads were excluded from 2020 budget
- Use your ‘macho’ to fight corruption not America – Ablakwa to Akufo-Addo
- ‘Year of Return’ has become year of corruption – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- This is not the attitude President Akufo-Addo should have adopted at GBA Conference
- Build your new 300 SHSs blocks at East Legon – Ablakwa defends Mahama’s E-Blocks siting
- Okudzeto Ablakwa in hot waters as NDC clears contender
- Bank of Ghana is cleaning jobs and indigenous entrepreneurship – Ablakwa chastises
- Court halts trial of Mahama Ayariga
- Stop my trial – Ayariga tells court
- 450-seat parliament chamber needless – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ayariga tears ‘tyrant’ Akufo-Addo apart; says culture of silence is back
- Take me on and leave AfricaWatch magazine alone – Ablakwa dares Presidency
- Akufo-Addo globetrotting lavishly, hardly spends one full week in Ghana – Ablakwa
- Amidu chases Ayariga in Bawku
- Ayariga challenges Amidu’s qualification, capacity to investigate him
- Why Speaker released Mahama Ayariga to face trial
- You’ve no immunity as an accused person – Judge tells Ayariga
- Parliament rules if Ayariga should be in Parliament or court
- Parliament suspends sitting to determine whether Ayariga should meet SP in court
- Come to court now – Judge orders Ayariga
- Ayariga arrives in court for corruption probe case
- Okudzeto Ablakwa praises Akufo-Addo over Ghana’s bid
- I can’t honour your ‘inappropriate’ court invitation – Ayariga to Amidu
- H K. Prempeh, Kwaku Azar challenge Ayariga over Martin Amidu’s invitation refusal
- We are proud of what Obrafour has achieved – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Amidu charges Ayariga in court for fraudulently evading tax on imported vehicles
- Improve journalists’ condition – MPs to media owners
- Repulsive and contemptuous public universities bill must be abandoned without delay
- Indefinite Postponement of Terminal 3 commissioning: We must fly above petty politics – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Mahama Ayariga to be ‘grilled’ by Special Prosecutor, Martin Amidu over shady dealings with a GRA officer