The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has written to gold-trading firm, Menzgold Ghana Company, to stop forthwith, all investment trading in gold without licence.
In the 3 September 2018 letter signed by Deputy Director General, Paul Ababio, the SEC said: “In September 2017, the SEC issued a public notice indicating that it does not regulate Menzgold. The SEC began further investigations into the activities of Menzgold in July 2018. In August 2018, the Commission called for an inter-sectoral meeting that involved the Minerals Commission, Bank of Ghana and the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Meeting concluded that it is evident Menzgold’s activities appear to go beyond the mandate authorised in its licence”.
The SEC said: “It is our expectation that being your licencee, MINCOM, would call Menzgold to order and direct it to conduct its business in accordance with the licence issued to it by MINCOM”.
It follows several warnings from the Bank of Ghana to the local gold firm, to stop trading in gold without licence.
The central bank, on 7 August 2018, issued a public notice, the fourth of many, that it was in discussions with relevant regulatory authorities to sanction Menzgold for engaging in “solicitation, receipt of money or investment and the payment of dividends or returns to its clients” without a licence to do so.
- Menzgold boss is not a fraudster – Benedicta Gafah defends NAM1
- PHOTO: Nana Appiah Mensah (NAM1) and William Atsu in handcuff?
- MENZGOLD: Ghpage.com’s visit to UK office confirms JoyNews’ report
- MENZGOLD: Did Nana Appiah Mensah just confirm Ponzi Scheme allegations with ‘Pope Statement’?
- MENZGOLD: Israel Laryea Replies Nana Appiah Mensah After Being Described As ‘Stupid’ And “Retarded”
- MENZGOLD: Nana Appiah Mensah celebrates Israel Laryea’s “stupidity and retarded mindedness”
- MENZGOLD: Ghanaians disappointed in JoyNews UK report
- MENZGOLD: NAM1 reveals the reason for Ibrah One’s hatred
- MENZGOLD: Nana Appiah Mensah exposed for fake UK launch
- MENZGOLD: Nana Appiah Mensah reaffirms Private Jet ownership
- MENZGOLD: Afia Schwarzenegger kills investors’ hope in latest Instagram post
- Afia Schwarzenegger contracted to take investor’s GHS 4million from Menzgold?
- Afia Schwarzenegger warns Nana Appiah Mensah over GHS 4 Million Menzgold Cash (VIDEO)
- Myths hurting Menzgold
- End of the road for Menzgold customers as firm sold fake gold called ‘Aurum Utalium’
- Menzgold to resume work
- Has Menzgold fired George Quaye?
- Meet William Atsu Tekpor, Nana Appiah Mensah’s ‘body body’ from day one
- What happens to Asamoah Gyan’s huge investment with Menzgold?
- What options are available to Menzgold?
- Will Menzgold Come Back?
- Is NAM1 a fraudster? Did he run a visa scam? A look at Gideon Aduku’s comment made in 2017
- We are opened for business – Menzgold issues defiance letter
- How Menzgold Boss, Nana Appiah Mensah Stormed Out Of His $800k Lagos Concert In Anger
- Menzgold’s 10 percent interest is highest in the world and not sustainable – PMMC
- MENZGOLD – BoG: Institutional heads to cash in big time
- Nana Appiah Mensah Hot As EOCO Chases Him Over Menzgold
- Menzgold and Bank of Ghana playing ‘chaskele’ with the minds of Ghanaians
- Star Madrid Bonus Saga: Is Nana Appiah Mensah Broke Already?
- African celebrities are prone to STDs and HIV