Freelance investigative journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni, is set to release a revealing book on the presidency of John Dramani Mahama.
The book, which is titled The Fourth John: Reign, Rejection & Rebound, is set to be released in four cities beginning with Accra on the 27th of November 2019, theghanareport.com has hinted.
Written over a period of one year, the over 350-paged book chronicles the major events that shaped the Mahama presidency and delves deep to find answers to some of the critical characters and issues of the Mahama era.
Here is the blurb of the book:
“An influential northern caucus is secretly meeting and grooming him to contest the man who will select him as a vice-presidential candidate. A meeting between the first lady and the Brong-Ahafo caucus results in, perhaps, the fastest ministerial reshuffle in the history of the country. At 2 a.m., before the breaking of a major scandal, there is a meeting between the president’s friend and the investigative journalist about how to involve the main opposition leader, in the story to minimise its damage to the president in the upcoming election. The wife of the president reports the wife of the vice president to the vice president’s mother. The night before a crucial election, the president and his main contender are locked up in a meeting with Ghana’s most revered traditional ruler.
“These and other revealing accounts on governance, policies, and programmes of the fourth presidency of Ghana’s Fourth Republic are the intriguing contents of this book. Here, the journalist whose investigations are believed to have contributed to the downfall of the administration gets brutally intimate with the regime.
“Rare interviews with key figures of the governing party and historical contexts to contemporary events provide readers and students of African politics the inside story of what is considered the model democracy on the continent. The fluidity of the writing style and humour make this book about politics and governance in Ghana’s Fourth Republic both informative, educative and entertaining.”
The Ghana Report, which is the official media partner for the launch, will in the coming days bring you exclusive jaw-dropping excerpts of this intriguing account of power play and happenings in the heart of the regime.
Below are details of the launch:
ACCRA LAUNCH: November 27, 2019; 3:30 p.m. at Christ the King Parish Hall opposite the Jubilee House
KUMASI LAUNCH: November 28, 2019 @ 5:30 p.m. at Kumasi Golden Tulip Hotel
TAMALE LAUNCH: November 29, 2019 @ 5:30 p.m. at the GNAT Hall
BOLGATANGA LAUNCH: November 30, 2019 @5:30p.m. at Akayet Hotel
To pre-order your copy, contact Akosua on +233 551 751 499 or Betty on +233 263 202 688 For sales and partnership, contact Joseph on +233 278 626 916
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- I won’t abandon Akufo-Addo’s projects like he’s done mine – Mahama
- Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II visits Mahama
- I have no issue with Mahama – Rawlings
- Rawlings debunks alleged bad blood with Mahama
- Mahama challenges government to fix hardships
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- God brought NPP so Ghanaians can appreciate NDC – Mahama
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama consoles Dzifa Gomashie, family
- Mahama commends Akufo-Addo for completing Adaklu SHS
- Swear by ‘Antoa’ you will not cancel free SHS – Drivers dare Mahama
- NPP denies Asutuare ‘combat’ training claim
- Mahama behind coup plot – Owusu Bempah
- 2016 Polls: I never wanted to hang onto power – Mahama breaks silence
- Don’t let your body language prove your critics right – Manasseh advises Akufo-Addo
- Manasseh paid money to a ‘boy’ not TDL – Lawyer
- Contracts for sale exposé: I’ll expose Manasseh over GH¢1k bribe – Kennedy Agyapong
- I admire Manasseh’s ‘stubborn’ perseverance – Presidential Staffer admits
- John Mahama is ‘wicked’ and a ‘nation wrecker’ – Akua Donkor fires ex-president
- Why the Auditor-General says Zoomlion is a ‘fraudulent’ company
- NDC, Mahama fight Founders’ Day
- Akufo-Addo govt very intolerant; Mahama govt more accommodating – Manasseh
- Any idiot can use taxes to pay SHS fees – Manasseh ‘bites’ Akufo-Addo
- MANASSEH’S FOLDER: Mr. President, show me your friend
- Jean Mensa, Deputies turning EC into a ‘Secret Society’- Mahama laments
- Manasseh targeted with death threats after militia documentary, flown outside Ghana
- John Mahama presents vehicles to the NDC
- Mahama exposed in $280m scandalous housing deal
- We’re ready to consult ‘Maame Water’ for Mahama’s return in 2020 – Fishermen vow