Brazil centre-back David Luiz has signed a new two-year extension at English giants, Chelsea the club has confirmed.
Luiz helped the Blues to reach the Europa League final after their penalty shoot-out win over Eintracht Frankfurt .
David Luiz’s contract was due to expire at the end of the season but his second spell at the club has been extended to the end of 2021.
The 32-year old was ecstatic about his new contract.
“I am so happy to be here and to have this opportunity to stay. I love this club and I still have the ambition of a young player,”
“It means a lot to reach another European final, and we still have the opportunity to finish in the top three of the Premier League this season and I will continue to try to do my best to help the team.” He told Chelsea’s official website.
David Luiz has made 246 appearances, scoring 18 goals, in his two spells with the club.
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- It makes it very hard for me to have respect Maurizio Sarri- Gary Cahill reveals
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Benayoun announces his retirement
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Hazard joins Real Madrid for €100 million
- Liverpool win sixth UEFA Champions League
- Inter Milan confirm Conte as new head coach
- Chelsea beat Arsenal to lift Europa League trophy
- Adomah secures Premier League promotion with Aston Villa
- Kompany announces Manchester City exit
- Morata vows never to return to Chelsea
- Lichtsteiner is set to leave Arsenal after Europa League Final
- Relegated Premier League club Huddersfield Town set to be sold
- Atsu on target for Newcastle against Liverpool
- Bailly ruled out of AFCON
- Adebayor talks about Arsenal’s challenges
- Herrera to join PSG next season
- Lukaku dreams to play in Italy
- Guardiola debunks Mahrez exit rumours
- Historic: Long scores fastest goal in English Premier League
- Salah named one of the world’s most influential people by Time magazine
- Solskjaer set to make tough decisions on Manchester United squad
- Sarri heaps praise on Hazard ahead of Europa League game
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Leicester City appoint Brendan Rodgers as new manager
- ENGLISH CARABAO CUP: Man City Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win Trophy
- JUST IN: FIFA Bans Chelsea From Signing New Players (DETAILS)
- ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE: Aguero’s historic hat-trick humiliates Chelsea
- English Premier League: Liverpool taste first defeat away to Manchester City; Citizens back in title race