Veteran highlife artiste, Lucky Mensah has voiced his displeasure at how DJs and Radio Presenters are killing the talents of veteran musicians and prematurely retiring them from the music scene while speaking in an exclusive interview with Graphic Showbiz.
According to the Loneliness hit maker, most veteran musicians have quit music and are not heard of again not because they wish to but because the attitude of DJs and presenters towards them have made it almost impossible to succeed.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
In his own words he said “radio presenters and DJs prefer to push the new generation of artist and totally forget about the old generation making it almost impossible to promote your song. We the old musicians struggle a lot when we release songs, forcing a lot of them to retire prematurely.”
He also explained that this has been one of the contributing factors for his absence from the music scene as he was not getting the needed support from the radio presenters to push his songs.
“Radio presenters were very reluctant in pushing my last song and that made me take a long break from music,” he said.
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Trabzonspor to open negotiations with Leeds over Ekuban
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Partey committed to Atletico Madrid amidst transfer rumours
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghana’s two angels: An insult to their congregations
- SECURITY ALERT: Prophet Stephen Kwadwo Adom – a threat to public safety
- CUSTOMER CARE: Is Opportunity International Savings and Loans next to Midlands?
- Death and the politics of tribute in Ghana: Focusing on the Akan
- Honourable but not honest
- Did Dr. Otabil Indeed Play No Role In the Collapse of Capital Bank?
- Menzgold – Joy News’ Laughable So Called Visit to Menzgold’s London Office
- MENZGOLD: Aurum Utalium vs September 28
- Indefinite Postponement of Terminal 3 commissioning: We must fly above petty politics – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghanaian women retarding feminism and gender equality
- Menzgold: Investors may die if they go to ‘Nogokpo’
- Menzgold: Why latest release confirms company isn’t coming back