Organizers of Liberty Young Achievers Awards were full of smiles outlining the impact of the second edition of the achiever’s award.
The launch of the 2019 edition took place at the LYA office in Monrovia, where the team behind the show promised to deliver the best of a show.
It was launched under the theme: Rebirth & Rebranding of the Liberian Youth Awards; and attended by a number of stakeholders.
Public Relations Manager, Major Danhsaw, spoke at the official launch of the Liberty Young Achievers launch in Monrovia.
According to him, it is imperative that governments provide genuine and appropriate tools for the development of the youth and so as to impact positively on the communities they find themselves.
According to him, the goal of the Liberty Young Achievers Awards is to recognize young innovative Liberian and entrepreneur that are so passionate about every career they find themselves in, that the LYA can do nothing less but to support their dreams, and keep applauding them and awarding every hard working young Liberian every year.
He also appealed to the corporate world and individuals to support the scheme through partnerships and/or sponsorship to make it successful.
In addition to this, the project coordinator, Mr Fred Ola-Ola revealed the scope the new award scheme would take.
According to him, they would honour over 35 individuals and companies for excellence in their respective fields.
Why The Change Of Name?
According to organizers of LYA, it was duly communicated to them that no individual/private/corporate body can own or host any event or program bearing “LIBERIA or LONESTAR,” as a nomenclature, only the Liberian government can.
The awards night is scheduled to come off on June 8, 2019 and nominations collation are open from March 16 to March 31, 2019.
For the second years LYA has been consistent with a course to recognize innovative Liberian and challenge others to aspire to greater heights.
The public is urged to vote for their favourites, when the nominations and voting are open to the public.
The various categories are as follows:
* Outstanding On Air Personality of the Year
* Best Movie Star of the Year
* Entertainment Ambassador of the Year
* Best Musical Artist of the Year
* Best Comedian of the Year
* Best DJ of the Year
* Best Fashion House of the Year
* Best Beauty Shop of the Year
* Most Enterprising Personality of the Year
* Outstanding Corporate Young Personality of the Year- Male
* Outstanding Corporate Young Personality of the Year- Female
* Best Manager of the Year
* Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year- Male
* Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year- Female
* Outstanding Journalist of the Year
* Outstanding Blogger of the Year
* Outstanding IT Personality of the Year
* Outstanding Sportsman of the Year
* Best Entertainment Company/Group of the Year
* Most Reliable Bank of the Year
* Best Hotel of the Year
* Young & Influential Gov’t Bureau Staff of the Year
* Most Exceptional Young Personality in Gov’t of the Year
* Most Influential Male
* Most Influential Female
* Outstanding Young Political Icon of the Year
* Most Reliable Blog/Website of the Year
* Social Media Personality of the Year
* Most Talked About Lady of the Year
* Most Supportive Youth Organization of the Year
* Youth Advocate of the Year- Male
* Youth Advocate of the Year- Female
* Most Popular Student Advocate of the Year
* Most Popular/Douth Student of the Year
* Most Represented Liberian in the Diaspora