A report by the Parliamentary Committee on Defence and Interior is recommending the decriminalization of the possession and use of marijuana (wee).
“Ghana needs to take a cue from other progressive countries and consider alternatives to punishment or incarceration of people who use the drug and other alternatives to ending the criminalization of people who use drugs. Criminalization of drug use and possession has led to the arrest prosecution and incarceration of thousands of Ghanaians across the country,” the report noted.
Kwesi Pratt Jnr, Managing Editor of the Insight newspaper seems to agree with the report.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He does not understand why other countries are making fortunes out of marijuana, yet Ghana is ‘burning them’ (farms) and arresting people who cultivate or use it.
“Why are the big dealers not being arrested and it is only the small ones? we all know there are some big men who smoke; lawyers, doctors, civil and public servants but why are they not being arrested and only the poor and the disadvantaged? Meanwhile, there are other countries who have given people license to cultivate marijuana” he indicated further.
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- I never knew Oppong Nkrumah, Amewu, others are NDC members – Kwesi Pratt to NPP
- Beware if IMF praises you; there’s a diabolical intention – Kwesi Pratt
- Kwesi Pratt worries over Ghana’s struggle with SHS placement whilst others are going to Mars
- VIDEO: Shatta Wale Advocates For The Legalisation Of ‘Weed’ In Ghana