Lawyer and actress Sandra Ankobiah has shared her thoughts on the 90-day imprisonment sentence handed over to actress Akuapem Poloo by an Accra Circuit Court presided over by Her Honour Christiana Caan over the publication of a nude photo of herself and her seven-year-old son.
The actress who pleaded guilty was slapped with three charges namely; publication of obscene materials, conduct that in any way undermines another person’s privacy or integrity and engaging in domestic violence which is conduct that in any way detracts or is likely to detract from another person’s dignity and worth as a human being.
Lawyer Ankobiah in a series of tweets have indicated that she has “soo much to say about” the judgement but feared she will be “misquoted” by some persons.
She wrote: “I guess this is about setting precedent. It will be interesting to see how the posting of “nudity” on social media will be viewed going forward. I need to read the full judgement.”
The celebrated actress citing Poloo’s case has called for the use of non-custodial sentencing thus punishment given by a court of law that does not involve a prison term.
“Are we making enough use of non-custodial sentencing in this country?” she questioned.
She however wrote: “In all of this, let’s not forget that there are sentencing guidelines. Her Ladyship in her wisdom would have applied her discretion. And until we read the full judgement, we may not know the reason behind her decision.”
Below are tweets from Sandra Ankobiah:
- Afia Schwarzenegger finally reveals why she is unperturbed about Akuapem Poloo’s sentence
- Akuapem Poloo’s son to get GH¢2,000 remittance each month from two generous people
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger fires hypocritical Ghanaians
- Reggie Rockstone in tears after Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Akuapem Poloo sentencing: Photo of Afia Schwarzenegger kissing her son on the lip surfaces
- Akuapem Poloo refused to take my advice – ‘Big Sister’ Afia Schwar swears
- Akuapem Poloo’s sentence was too harsh – Gasmilla
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger fires hypocritical Ghanaians (VIDEO)
- Sammy Gyamfi begs president Akufo-Addo to pardon Akuapem Poloo
- ‘I’ll pass this test; I’m strong’ – Akuapem Poloo
- Here Are Photos Of Akuapem Poloo Being Whisked Into A Taxi After She Was Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison
- Leila Djansi Says Ghana Is A Stup!d Hypocritical Country For Jailing Akuapem Poloo Over Her N*de Photo
- Criss Waddle Begs President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo
- Sammy Gyamfi Calls On President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo – Says Her Sentence Is Too Harsh
- “We Really Need Sentencing Reforms In This Country” – Slay Queen Lawyer, Sandra Ankobiah Reacts To Akuapem Poloo’s 90 Days Imprisonment
- Akuapem Poloo to spend son’s next birthday in prison
- Watch The Video Of How Akuapem Poloo Was Whisked Into A Car To Serve Her Jail Term
- DKB reveals Akuapem Poloo’s current state behind bars
- Reggie Rockstone ‘attacks’ Serwaa Amihere for sharing opinion on Akuapem Poloo’s case
- VIDEO: Akuapem Poloo Speaks After She Was Handed A 90 Day Jail Sentence For Posting A N*de Photo With Her Son On Instagram
- Social media reacts to Akuapem Poloo’s 90-day jail term
- Akuapem Poloo’s pregnancy test came out negative
- Aisha Huang did more damage than Akuapem Poloo – Franklin Cudjoe
- Bloggers’ Forum: Akuapem Poloo’s conviction spark outrage
- BREAKING NEWS: Akuapem Poloo Jailed 90 Days For Posting Her N*de Photo With Her Son On Instagram
- Akuapem Poloo slapped with 90-day jail term over nude picture with son
- VIDEO: Showboy Reacts To Akuapem Poloo’s Impending Sentence From His Prison In The United States
- Shut up! You’re hurting Akuapem Poloo with your campaign – Nana Yaw Wiredu to A-Plus
- VIDEO: Current State Of Sorrowful Akuapem Poloo In Police Custody Revealed
- Akuapem Poloo To Be Sentenced Today! Will She Be Thrown Into Jail Or Fined For Being Foolish?