Black Stars Coach Kwesi Appiah could take a bold decision by dropping “unfit” Asamoah Gyan for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Kwesi Appiah hinted he might be forced to exclude his captain from the team should the player fail to gain full fitness before the tournament.
Gyan has been unable to feature for the Black Stars team for some time now due to persistent injury problems.
The 32-year-old could only make the bench in Ghana’s Cup of Nations qualifier against Ethiopia and has since been unable to play a part in the team.
He might miss out on selection for a competition which could possibly be his last with the National team.
”He’s part of the players that I’m monitoring at the moment. He had an injury but we are still monitoring the injury,” Appiah told SuperSport TV after Friday’s draw in Cairo.
“Since he’s a Ghanaian-What I have said is, every Ghanaian has got a chance. You will never know.”
Coach Kwesi Appiah could fall on the likes of Jordan Ayew, Abdul Majeed Waries, Richmond Boakye-Yiadom and Trabzonspor forward Caleb Ekuban who has scored in all two appearances with the National team.
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Should Castro return today, these 4 things would be his biggest surprises
- Ghanaian personalities who have been accused of occultism
- 2021 AFCON qualifiers: Kwesi Appiah drops Asamoah Gyan, three others for South Africa game
- Asamoah Gyan delighted with first goal in Indian Super League
- All eyes on Gyan as Indian League kick off
- Penalty miss against Uruguay is now part of my life – Asamoah Gyan
- Asamoah Gyan’s estranged wife Gifty jams to Kuami Eugene’s ‘Ohemaa’ song
- Asamoah Gyan should keep quiet, he’s not the family spokesperson – Castro’s father
- Orange-Liberia, Making Liberians Feel Part of 2019 AFCON
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Madagascar hold Guinea in historic AFCON game
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Cameroon eligible to play at AFCON after CAS dismissed Comoros case
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Guinea name injured Naby Keïta in provisional squad for AFCON
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan set for Black Stars return after Nana Addo’s Phone call
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Asamoah Gyan stopped catering for his 3 children since July 2018 – Wife cries to court
- Pay my maintenance expenses and that of our children – Asamoah Gyan’s wife demands
- Asamoah Gyan jabs estranged wife in latest video?
- I am almost done with my selection for AFCON-Kwesi Appiah
- Kotoko captain Amos Frimpong tips Ghana to progress out of AFCON Group
- Ghanaian referee Daniel Laryea to officiate at AFCON 2019