GFA Presidential candidate, Fred Pappoe, has given his assessment of the second stint of Black Stars head coach, Kwesi Appiah.
Since Appiah came back to the team, he has guided the team to one tournament which is the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.
However, Ghana got eliminated in the Round of 16 after losing on penalties to Tunisia.
Many of the team’s fans expressed their dissatisfaction with Appiah’s output in relation to the team and in an interview with Bernard Avle on “The Point of View” on Wednesday night, Pappoe said that Appiah had also not met his full expectations.
“To the extent that Ghanaians expect to win every game they play, [Black Stars coach] Kwesi Appiah has fallen below the standards expected.”
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
However, Pappoe admitted that Appiah needed to have the best working environment if there would be further success with the Black Stars.
“I also think that the circumstances Kwesi Appiah is working under need to be looked at. All the same, I believe he still has a bit more to offer Ghanaians.”
Appiah’s next main assignment is the 2021 AFCON qualifiers which begin on November 11 with a home match against South Africa before facing Sudan on November 15.
Appiah will hope to guide the Black Stars to the next AFCON where they hope to win the nation’s first AFCON title since 1982.
- Coach Kwesi Appiah has fallen below standard – Fred Pappoe
- He is not good enough’ – Alhaji Grusah’s verdict on Kwasi Appiah
- AFCON Qualifiers: Kwasi Appiah sheds light on game plan in South Africa win
- Kwesi Appiah defends decision to play Alfred Duncan on left wing against South Africa
- 2021 AFCON qualifiers: Kwesi Appiah drops Asamoah Gyan, three others for South Africa game
- Opinion: Likely results of GFA Presidential and Exco elections
- Fred Pappoe reveals why he left his role as GFA vice president in 2015
- Five Dutch players want to feature for Ghana – Coach Kwesi Appiah
- Kwesi Appiah reveals five Holland-born players want to play for Black Stars
- Kwesi Appiah submits names of new technical members to NC
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- President Akufo-Addo invites Appiah over Gyan’s resignation
- Kwesi Appiah eager to make second AFCON appearance with Ghana
- I am almost done with my selection for AFCON-Kwesi Appiah
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Black Stars Coach Kwesi Appiah touch down in Cairo for AFCON draw
- PHOTOS: Black Stars player, Jonathan Mensah marries longtime girlfriend