Black Stars coach Kwasi Appiah, has announced his final 23-man squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
Kwesi Appiah axed players Majeed Waris, Ebenezer Ofori, Mohammed Alhassan, Abdul Fatawu and Yaw Yeboah after one week camping in Dubai.
St. Gallen defender Nuhu Musah sustained an injury in training ruling him out of the tournament.
Ghana will play South Africa on June 15 in Dubai before they emplane to Egypt.
Ghana are in the same group with defending champions Cameroon, Guinea Bissau and Benin.
Goalkeepers: Richard Ofori (Maritzburg United, South Africa, Lawrence Ati- Zigi (Sochaux, Montbeliard, France), and Felix Annan (Asante Kotoko, Ghana).
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Defenders: Andy Yiadom (Reading, England), Abdul Baba Rahman (Reims, France), Lumor Agbenyenu (Goztepe A.S, Turkey), Kassim Nuhu, (Hoffeinham, Germany,) John Boye ( Metz France), Jonathan Mensah (Columbus Crew SC, USA), Joseph Aidoo (Genk, Belguim), Joseph Attamah (Basaksehir, Turkey)
Midfielders: Mubarak Wakaso (Deportivo Alaves, Spain), Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid, Spain), Kwadwo Asamoah (Internazionle, Italy), Afriyie Acquah (Empoli, Italy), Andre Ayew ( Fenerbache, Turkey), Christian Atsu (Newcastle United, England), Samuel Owusu (Cukaricki, Serbia), Thomas Agyepong (Hibernian, Scotland)
Attackers: Asamoah Gyan (Kayserispor, Turkey), Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace, England), Caleb Ekuban (Trabzonspor, Turkey and Kwabena Owusu (Leganes, Spain).
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghana Football Association Normalisation Committee presents $7.2 million budget to government for 2019 AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan’s career on the verge of collapse in Turkey
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Find out how invited Black Stars players have performed this season ahead of AFCON qualifier
- Kwesi Appiah names 7 debutants in squad to face South Africa, São Tomé and Príncipe in 2021 AFCON qualifier
- Owusu Bempah exposed over Black Stars victory prophesy
- Orange-Liberia, Making Liberians Feel Part of 2019 AFCON
- Madagascar hold Guinea in historic AFCON game
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- FRIENDLY: Black Stars draw (0-0) with Bafana Bafana in Dubai
- Cameroon eligible to play at AFCON after CAS dismissed Comoros case
- Guinea name injured Naby Keïta in provisional squad for AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan set for Black Stars return after Nana Addo’s Phone call
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- I am almost done with my selection for AFCON-Kwesi Appiah
- Kotoko captain Amos Frimpong tips Ghana to progress out of AFCON Group
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Ghanaian referee Daniel Laryea to officiate at AFCON 2019
- Black Stars Management Committee inspect facility in UAE for team’s camping base ahead of AFCON
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi