Even though he had to beat stiff competition to gain the nod for the Ghana Football Association presidency, one thing that has become particular about the election of Kurt Okraku as the new GFA president is the level of confidence Ghanaians, especially football people are expressing in him to deliver on his mandate.
One of the people who have reposed confidence in Kurt Okraku is a member of the FA’s Executive Committee, Randy Abbey who was also elected on October 24, 2019, a day before the presidential elections.
Speaking to Ghanaweb after the swearing-in of the new GFA President Kurt Okraku, Randy Abbay expressed confidence in the newly elected president saying he is the right man for the job.
“He is the right man and the delegates have chosen him… he is somebody I’ve known him for about 20-years. I think he has what it takes on the team to deliver on the mandate,” he said.
The Ghana Football Association was dissolved over a year ago after it was hit with a corruption scandal in an exposé by Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
After months of organization, the Normalisation Committee appointed by FIFA conducted elections to appoint new executives for the association.
After three rounds of voting, the CEO of Dreams FC, Kurt Okraku was confirmed and sworn in as president of the Ghana Football Association, bringing to an end the work of the Normalisation Committee and ushering in a new era for football administration in the country.
- Government a strategic partner in football development – GFA President
- Kurt Okraku officially begins work as GFA President today
- Be wary of spiritual attacks on Ghana FA – Sannie Daara warns new president Okraku
- GFA President pays a courtesy visit to Black Meteors ahead of their AFCON Campaign
- Q&A: Kurt Okraku’s first interview as GFA President
- You’ve earned the confidence and trust of the football fraternity – Akufo-Addo to Kurt Okraku
- Support new GFA boss realise his vision – Akufo-Addo
- Rally behind Kurt Okraku – Akufo-Addo to all
- Prophet Otabil won’t close down church after Kurt Okraku victory
- Reviving Ghana football is an enormous task – Randy Abbey
- Opinion: Likely results of GFA Presidential and Exco elections
- Palmer’s supporters could decide outcome of GFA Presidential elections – Randy Abbey