Kevin-Prince Boateng will leave FC Barcelona at the end of the season, Catalan based radio RAC 1 have reported.
The Ghanaian international joined the La Liga champions on a six-month loan deal from Sassuolo in January. The agreement also included an €8m purchase option.
But according to the report, the Catalans will not trigger the buy-option which means the former AC Milan forward is set to return to Italy at the end of his loan stint in July.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The 32-year-old was signed to provide cover for Luis Suárez but has failed to earn the trust of manager Ernesto Valverde.
Valverde had his doubts even before the transfer. In the end, he was persuaded to sanction the move. However, the coach does not seem to have changed his mind.
Since his arrival, Boateng has made only two appearances for Barça, in the 2-0 Copa defeat away at the Sánchez Pizjuán and in the unconvincing 1-0 victory over Valladolid at Camp Nou, where he lasted an hour before Suárez was thrown on to add some impetus to the attack.
- I was an idiot; I once bought 3 cars in one day at Tottenham – Kevin-Prince Boateng
- KP Boateng will leave Barcelona at the end of the season
- Kevin Prince Boateng Robbed In Barcelona, Spain
- PHOTOS: Kevin-Prince Boateng gets brand new Audi Q8 after joining Barcelona
- Official: Kevin-Prince Boateng joins Barcelona
- BREAKING NEWS: Kevin Prince Boateng set to make a shocking move to Barcelona
- Ghana star Kevin-Prince Boateng and wife Melissa Satta file for divorce