Kotoko captain Amos Frimpong has tipped Ghana to progress out of Group F at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Black Stars will need to ward off competition from defending Champions Cameroon, Benin and Guinea Bissau to make it to the next round.
The Stars are looking forward to adding up their four Cup of Nations titles by clinching this year’s tournament in Egypt.
Amos Frimpong is optimistic about Ghana’s chances in the Group.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“Looking at the teams in our group, there is no doubt that we can progress to the next stage. But we should be cautious not to look down upon any team, Frimpong told the Daily Graphic.
“The players in the other teams would also want to make a name for themselves, especially when they meet the so-called giants in Africa football.”
Having made his Black Stars depute in a friendly match against Mauritania at the Accra Sports Stadium, the 26-year-old could be up for selection for the Cup of Nations tournament in June.
- Orange-Liberia, Making Liberians Feel Part of 2019 AFCON
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Madagascar hold Guinea in historic AFCON game
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Cameroon eligible to play at AFCON after CAS dismissed Comoros case
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Guinea name injured Naby Keïta in provisional squad for AFCON
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- I am almost done with my selection for AFCON-Kwesi Appiah
- Ghanaian referee Daniel Laryea to officiate at AFCON 2019
- Black Stars Management Committee inspect facility in UAE for team’s camping base ahead of AFCON
- Kwesi Appiah hints at possible omission of “unfit” Asamoah Gyan from Black Stars squad for AFCON 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Ghana in tricky Group for 2019 AFCON
- WATCH LIVE VIDEO: 2019 Africa Cup of Nations draw in Egypt
- NC boss Dr. Kofi Amoah leads 4-man delegation for 2019 AFCON draw
- OFFICIAL: Ghana not seeded for 2019 AFCON draw
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Infantino confirms attendance of AFCON 2019 draw
- Ghana Football Association Normalisation Committee presents $7.2 million budget to government for 2019 AFCON
- CAF Confedration Cup: Kotoko through to group stage after slim win over Kariobangi