Music Producer, Quophi Okyeame, says award schemes should consider nominating rapper Kofi Kinaata in one of the Gospel categories in 2020.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, the producer said that the artiste’s hit song ‘Things Fall Apart’ is a “marvellous” song that deserves to be put in Gospel Song of the Year category.
“The words that proceed out of his mouth and the effect they have on society are in rhythmic rhyme with the book of life,” he added.
His comments come after some industry persons and gospel singers began questioning who a Gospel singer is and what a Gospel song is.
Although Creative Arts Council President, Mark Okraku Mantey, believes choosing songs for nominations is purely technical and has nothing to do with the message, Rev Abraham Lamptey on the show said, that message is critical in selecting a Gospel song.
Quophi Okyeame said that the message in ‘Things Fall Apart’ is no different from “when Reverend met a woman who was trying to cross the road, he got down and helped.
He added that Kofi Kinaata’s Things Fall Apart deserves to be considered for a Gospel Song regardless of the technicalities.
Quophi Okyeame stated that “if we are talking about awards schemes and categorisation and trying to find the perfect definition of what gospel is then Kofi Kinaata qualifies for that particular song to be nominated as a gospel song.”
The message, he added is Gospel, “strictly gospel”.
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Kofi Kinataa thrills crowd ‘Things Fall Apart’ performance
- Not even Jay Z is beyond Payola – Kofi Kinaata denies ‘no payment’ claims
- I have grown beyond paying payola – Kofi Kinaata
- Kofi Kinaata, Kuami Eugene, Dope Nation, others billed for #D2R2019
- Songwriter of the Year Award will be bonus for me – Kofi Kinaata
- Rex Omar’s claim that I am not a songwriter was his personal opinion – Kinaata
- Blogger describes Kofi Kinaata as a preacher and not a musician
- I’II soon tie the knot – Kofi Kinaata
- Enough thinking does not go into songs produced lately – Kofi Kinaata
- Kofi Kinaata dejected over death of kidnapped Takoradi girls
- NEW MUSIC: Don Kweli featuring Kofi Kinaata – Happy Life (Prod by Willisbeat)
- Before signing to High Grade family, I was doing music for fun – Kofi Kinaata
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists