Renowned highlife musician, George Jahraa, has joined the debate on whether Ghana should legalize marijuana or not.
Many industry players such as Samini, Blakk Rasta, Kwaw Kese, John Dumelo, and even Stonebwoy have advocated for the Government of Ghana to decriminalize the drug for export.
In an interview on Adom FM’s Work and Happiness show on Thursday, the ‘Driver Banza’ hitmaker said he doesn’t patronize marijuana but supports the late Ghanaian diplomat, Kofi Annan’s assertion that the government should not only look at the negative side of the hard drug but also think about the benefits that the country can derive after decriminalizing it.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“I don’t think weed helps anyone perform better. I am hyper so I don’t know how I would react to drugs. My dad was a soldier so I don’t like it. I have never smoked before but Kofi Annan asked it to be decriminalized.
“I know someone who smokes but works very hard. We should listen to Kofi Annan, I think he was a knowledgeable person advocating for it so we should research on it,” he said in Twi.
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz