Eugene Kwame Marfo, known in music circles as Kuami Eugene, has professed his undying love for colleague and record label partner, Kidi, amidst rivalry speculations.
According to the ‘Angela’ hitmaker, despite people’s effort to pitch him against Kidi, he was and still is a big fan of him and is absolutely supportive of his good works.
“Sometimes there comes a lot of pressure, when people see me and try to speak ill of Kidi, I shut them up. He joined the record label before me, hence I respect him so much and I will always be a kid brother to him,” he confessed.
He revealed how he was motivated the first time he saw Kidi perform during MTN hitmaker auditions when he went to support a friend who was also in the competition.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“Before I joined Hitmaker competition, I saw Kidi perform and told God I wanted to be like him. He was my prayer point and I begged God to bring me to the same platform the subsequent year,” he said on Accra-based Citi FM, monitored by Adomonline.com
Contrary to rivalry speculations, Eugene disclosed he has never aimed at rubbing shoulders with his senior colleague, arguing that he has been a mentor and someone he draws inspiration from.
The Ghanaian highlife and afrobeats singer is signed alongside Kidi to Lynx Entertainment and is known for several songs including ‘Angela’, ‘Wish Me Well’, ‘Ohemaa’, and most recently, ‘Obiaato’.
- FIFA 19 challenge: KiDi embarrasses Kuami Eugene again
- Never compare Bisa Kdei to KiDi, Kuami Eugene – Mr logic
- Kidi breaks silence on Amakye Dede crowning Kuami Eugene ‘Future Highlife King
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- MzVee won’t end up like former Lynx signees – KiDi
- Kidi reveals one thing that makes him happy
- Kidi opens up on his relationship life
- Kidi is a better Highlife artiste than Kuami Eugene – Okuraseni Samuel
- I deserve the Highlife king crown; I’ve worked hard over the years – Kuami Eugene to critics
- Who crowned Amakye Dede highlife king for him to crown Kuami Eugene’? – Social media users ask
- Is Wendy Shay telling us Kidi has bad breath in this video?
- VGMAs 2019: Sarkodie crowned Artiste of the Decade
- Bright tips Kuami Eugene to win VGMA Artiste of the year
- Kuami Eugne, Kidi not competition at Lynx – DopeNation
- Ghanaian secular musicians who used to sing in the Church before going commercial
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Ghanaian celebrities who are building brands around their body parts
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires