Kevin Ekow Baidoo Taylor, a social media commentator, has named three New Patriotic Party (NPP) members in the Power Distribution Services Ghana Limited (PDS) concession.
The three are the National Organiser of the NPP, Sammy Awuku, the Deputy Minister for Roads and Highways, Anthony Abayifaa Karbo and Deputy Sports Minister, Perry Okudzeto.
According to Kevin Taylor, Sammy Awuku reached out to his close friend Santa Baron of Santabaron Ventures and together with Karbo and Perry, they introduced Santa Power which was part of the PDS deal.
He alleged that Sammy Awuku, Anthony Karbo and Perry Okudzeto had shares in Santa Power Limited and it cannot be true that Philip Ayensu was the one who introduced Santa Baron to the PDS deal.
“They [Sammy, Karbo and Perry] had a meeting with Kennedy Agyepong at Movenpick Hotel where Ken Agyepong advised the trio that they should abandon any interest they have in the PDS deal,” Kevin Taylor said on “With All Due Respect” on Monday.
He added, “Kennedy Agyepong told them that President Akufo-Addo, his brother Edward Akufo-Addo (Bumpty) and the Ofori-Attas were greedy people and that they [Sammy, Karbo and Perry] should step away from the deal because it is going to crash.”
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The government of Ghana announced the cancellation of the PDS concessionaire over what it describes as challenges with the financial guarantee provided for the deal.
The decision follows a meeting between Nana Bediatuo Asante, Secretary to President Akufo-Addo, and Ken Ofori-Atta, the finance minister on one hand, and Kyeh Kim, Principal Deputy Vice President of MCC, and Kenneth Miller, the Resident Country Director for Ghana of the MCC, on the other hand, held in Washington DC on Friday, October 18, 2019.
Critics have chastised the current administration for not acting in the best interest of Ghana in the negotiation, and signing of the power concession.
There have been reports that some ‘elements’ within Government were scheming to take over the management of Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) after the termination of the PDS deal.
But Information Minister, Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah told journalists in Accra on Wednesday, October 23, that the Government of Ghana has never been negligent.
According to him, the Government of Ghana has at all times worked with Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) in structuring this transaction in the best interest of Ghanaians.
- PDS scandal: Alleged conversation between Gabby Otchere-Darko, Philip Ayensu and Edward Akufo-Addo
- We know your ‘sexuality’, many ‘other’ things – Kevin Taylor takes Ursula to the cleaners
- Excuse me, Sir, I’m not jealous of Kevin Taylor’s ‘good works’, I only detest bogus crusaders!
- God bless Kevin Taylor the crusader
- If the US-based Kevin Taylor really abhors homosexuality, why can’t he petition Trump?
- Stop insulting Ghanaians intelligence, Kevin Taylor: Voters witnessed Mahama’s abysmal performance!
- Why Kennedy Agyapong may well have to battle Kevin Taylor on his own turf!
- Kevin Taylor: A bogus detective of our time?
- Alleged $75,000 bus price: GH Daewoo tackles Kevin Taylor’s propaganda
- Ernest Kofi Owusu-Bempah writes to Kevin Taylor
- Kevin Taylor must stop his unsubstantiated allegations of criminalities against Ken Agyapong
- I like John Mahama – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Put ‘mad’ Kennedy Agyapong on suicide watch – Kevin Taylor begs
- We are sweating because of Atta Akyea – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Kennedy Agyapong strips Kevin Taylor naked before Ghanaians in Germany
- Hypocrite Rawlings is an ‘ass kisser’ – Kevin Taylor
- NPP petitions New York Times over Kevin Taylors’ ‘slanderous’ video broadcast
- Shut up Duncan Williams! – Ekow Kevin Taylor says ‘With All Due Respect’
- 9 Ghanaians With The Most Difficult Jobs That You Wouldn’t Want To Be In Their Shoes
- Sammi Awuku condemns attack on Central Regional NPP office
- Sammy Awuku warns members as NPP opens nomination
- Brutalising, disrespecting journalists NDC’s forte, not Akufo-Addo’s – Sammi Awuku
- Sammi Awuku angry over Wendy Shay’s picture with Kufuor
- NPP’s Sammy Awuku buys a copy of Wendy Shay’s album for Ghc25,000
- Wendy Shay’s uncle buys her first copy of album for Ghc50,000