It is often said that ‘the successful trial and the subsequent crucifixion of ‘Satan’ would require at least two credible witnesses from hell’. But how feasible is that?
Somehow, critical observers have been broaching somewhat controversially that “criminals make excellent detectives”. But how true is that?
Interestingly, the Honourable Kennedy Agyapong is alleging that he has admissible evidence which suggests that the social media commentator, Kevin Taylor, is not the perfect creature as he would like his admirers to believe. He is a descendant of Adam, after all.
Somehow, the Honourable Kennedy Agyapong is accusing the self-styled anti-corruption crusader and the social media enthusiast, Kevin Taylor, of engaging in “blackmailing” and allegedly in possession of a fake NPP identity card.
However, following the Honourable Agyapong’s seemingly chilling revelation, there have been avalanche of criticisms and protestations against him for alleging that Kevin Taylor has some “skeletons in his cupboard”.
Whatever the case, it beats my imagination as to how and why Kevin Taylor’s bandwagon would want us to believe that he can do no wrong.
Well, Kevin Taylor ‘apple-polishers’ should rather demand further and better particulars from the Honourable Kennedy Agyapong over his accusations.
In fact, the Kevin Taylor’s fanatics may well have to research into the double lives of the resplendent individuals like Eugène François Vidocq (July 24, 1775 – May 11, 1857).
Eugène François Vidocq was a French criminal and criminalist, whose life story inspired several writers, including Victor Hugo, Edgar Allan Poe, and Honore de Balzac.
The former criminal, Eugène François Vidocq, became the founder and first director of the crime-detection Sûreté Nationale as well as the head of the first known private detective agency. Vidocq is considered to be the father of modern criminology and of the French police department. He is also regarded as the first private detective.
The Kevin Taylor diehard followers could also take time off and skim through the idiosyncratic story of John Joseph Connolly Jr.
John Joseph Connolly Jr was born on 1st August 1940. He is a former FBI agent who was convicted of racketeering, obstruction of justice and murder charges stemming from his relationship with James “Whitey” Bulger, Steve Flemmi, and the Winter Hill Gang.
The story is told, though vividly, that State and federal officers had been trying to imprison Whitey Bulger for years, but Bulger evaded capture until 2011.
And, as the FBI agent for Bulger and Flemmi, Connolly (who had grown up in the Old Harbour Housing Project with Bulger) had been protecting them from prosecution by supplying Bulger with information about possible attempts to catch them.
In sum, Connolly was indicted on 22nd December 1999, on charges of alerting Bulger and Flemmi to investigations, falsifying FBI reports to cover their crimes, and accepting bribes
In a related incident, an internal FBI report kept under wraps for three years, details dozens of cases of agents fired for egregious misconduct and crimes, including drug trafficking, attempted murder, theft, misuse of informants and consorting with prostitutes.
The report, however, found that about one in 1,000 agents dismissed for serious misconduct or criminal offenses by the FBI during the period examined, from 1986 to 1999. The average was between eight and nine per year (See: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/years-of-fbi-agent-crimes-detailed/).
We can indeed attest to numerous instances whereby once trusted detectives have secretly turned into hardened criminals. It is an illustrative case of ‘wolves in sheep’s clothing’. After all, they are imperfect human beings.
Astonishingly, a former British Police Detective was convicted of two raids on the same village post office at Bentley Heath, West Midlands, during which he terrified staff and customers with an imitation firearm. Profiting by £47,500 from the crimes, he was preparing to rob a bank when the car he was driving was stopped by police (See: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/…/Ex-detective-who-turned-to-crime-jailed-for-12-years.ht).
Truth be told, in as much as the Kevin Taylor brassbound admirers may have valid reasons to defend him against any perceived unfair criticisms and attacks, we cannot and must not swiftly ward-off any allegations without conducting proper investigations.
As I have delineated on the previous paragraphs, any agencies or individuals that have the privilege to investigate or uncover misdeeds can also commit same heinous crimes in the process.
In that regard, isn’t it fair for anybody who has any concerns to call for a probe into the dealings of such persons?
I must, however, stress that I do not have any problem with the Honourable Agyapong’s somewhat plangent, albeit sound calls to Kevin Taylor’s fans to be mindful of his antics.
“He who comes with equity must come with clean hands.”
K. Badu, UK.
- Excuse me, Sir, I’m not jealous of Kevin Taylor’s ‘good works’, I only detest bogus crusaders!
- If the US-based Kevin Taylor really abhors homosexuality, why can’t he petition Trump?
- Stop insulting Ghanaians intelligence, Kevin Taylor: Voters witnessed Mahama’s abysmal performance!
- Why Kennedy Agyapong may well have to battle Kevin Taylor on his own turf!
- God bless Kevin Taylor the crusader
- Ernest Kofi Owusu-Bempah writes to Kevin Taylor
- Kevin Taylor must stop his unsubstantiated allegations of criminalities against Ken Agyapong
- PDS scandal: Alleged conversation between Gabby Otchere-Darko, Philip Ayensu and Edward Akufo-Addo
- Kevin Taylor names Sammy Awuku, Anthony Karbo and Perry Okudzeto in PDS scandal
- We know your ‘sexuality’, many ‘other’ things – Kevin Taylor takes Ursula to the cleaners
- Alleged $75,000 bus price: GH Daewoo tackles Kevin Taylor’s propaganda
- I like John Mahama – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Put ‘mad’ Kennedy Agyapong on suicide watch – Kevin Taylor begs
- We are sweating because of Atta Akyea – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Kennedy Agyapong strips Kevin Taylor naked before Ghanaians in Germany
- Hypocrite Rawlings is an ‘ass kisser’ – Kevin Taylor
- NPP petitions New York Times over Kevin Taylors’ ‘slanderous’ video broadcast
- Shut up Duncan Williams! – Ekow Kevin Taylor says ‘With All Due Respect’
- President Akufo-Addo, the generations yet unborn are most grateful for protecting Ghana’s bauxite!
- Keep it up, Sammy Gyamfi; give us more press conferences on SADA, GYEEDA, Bus Branding!
- Is humility really Mahama’s strength
- If Ghanaians were to decide 2020 on corruption, I bet, Akufo-Addo will remain in Jubilee House
- The NDC delegates had picked Mahama, but are the rest of Ghanaians ready for him?
- Excuse me, Messrs, blame Supreme Court for NDC’s ‘create loot and share’ descriptive tag!
- Ghana: A righteous nation without Gays and Lesbians?
- On political ideology: Who christened NDC as social democratic party?
- Ghanaians stand to benefit if NPP stays in power until 2036
- Rawlings is spot on: Discerning Ghanaians won’t send Mahama to Jubilee House again – Why
- Truly, NDC is good at it!
- Why won’t NDC loyalists laugh off the corruption fight when double salary MPs aren’t prosecuted