The hard-earned reputation and credibility of ace investigative journalist, Anas Aremyaw Anas seems to be under another attack as it appears it’s buried with more controversies.
This time new ‘revelations’ about his identity and modus operandi of his work has allegedly emerged on social media.
One of several people in the Ghanaian political landscape who is known to be the thorn in the flesh of Anas Aremyaw Anas is the NPP Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong, who has on several occasions doubted the credibility of the ace investigative journalist.
The lawmaker has over the past few months since the release of Anas’ Number 12 – a documentary which revealed corruption in the Ghana Football Association, spearheaded by the then president of the association, Kwesi Nyantakyi – accused the journalist of perpetuating corruption in his bid to entrap innocent public officials.
However, following the emergence of a new video supposedly exposing the true identity of Anas Aremyaw Anas as a con man who uses his name and role in the media to blackmail people, a debate is rising about the possible vindication of Kennedy Agyapong.
“He said he’s Anas Aremeyaw. He’s coming to claim. Today I’ve got Anas. Somebody has title, you’re coming to claim that you’re Anas Aremeyaw Anas,” the visibly upset looking man is heard shouting the journalist’s name and questioning his authenticity in the video.
Neither Anas nor his lawyers have officially responded to the trending video. The Assin Central lawmaker has also not made any public pronouncements.
But in June 2018, after the release of the Number 12 documentary, Mr Agyapong in several TV and radio interviews alleged amongst other things that Anas is a fraud boy who dupes people of their money and properties in the name of investigative journalism.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“This is not the end of it all. In the coming days, I’ll also show Anas in different recordings deceiving people to take money as gifts and he later capturing them to put out there. What kind of cruelty is that?” Mr Agyapong is quoted to have said in an interview after he released the first part of his documentary ‘Who watches the watchman’.
While on Adom TV, the legislator challenged Anas to provide concrete evidence on his source of wealth, alleging that the investigative journalist has acquired estates and lands together with other vast assets by extorting monies from people.
He also added that Anas employed the services of land guards to terrorize people and plunder two lands at Trade Fair in Accra.
“The guy is not genuine. He’s blackmailing people. He’s extortionist, taking monies from people. He is evil. He’s an extortionist. He is a blackmailer,” the vociferous politician said.
Even though facts about the video have not been established yet, some have argued it ‘vindicates’ Kennedy Agyapong for allegations against the Anas.
The journalist’s credibility also suffered a major blow after Kwesi Nyanktakyi accused him of blackmail and extortion.
Mr Nyantakyi is quoted to have said in an interview that, “…there was a demand on me through a third party to part with $150,000 for Anas to drop the videos on me. I didn’t have the said amount of money to meet his demand.”
These are not the only instances where the integrity of Anas Aremyaw Anas has been questioned however, daring accusations directed at the journalist have over the months been met with legal suits.
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- Anas’ Location When Ahmed Suale Was Killed Revealed
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- Kennedy Agyapong Rains Insults On Family Of Late Ahmed For Siding With Anas
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- Ask Me Intelligent Questions And Stop The Rubbish – Kennedy Agyapong ‘Fires’ BBC Reporter
- Police ‘Picks Up’ Anas Over Ahmed’s Death
- This Is Why Anas Employed The Late Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- I Don’t Trust Current IGP Because Anas Vetted And Appointed Him – Kennedy Agyapong Alleges
- Ahmed’s Death: I Have No Trust In Ghana Police; I’m Doing My Own Investigations – Kennedy Agyapong
- I’ll Honour Ahmed With A ‘Huge Story’ That’ll Shake Nations – Anas
- VIDEO: Anas Speaks On Allegations That He Killed Ahmed
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- Ahmed’s death: Ex Tiger Eye PI staff ‘fingers’ Anas’ wife in Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- We did our best to protect Ahmed – Family reveals
- Killers of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed identified – MP reveals
- Kennedy Agyapong likely to be banned from the US over Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- AHMED’S MURDER: Eyewitness account on how the unknown gunmen killed Ahmed
- AHMED’S MURDER: Ghanaians call for Anas’ head over the death of his key partner, Ahmed Suale
- Murdered Ahmed left behind 2 wives and 8 children
- AHMED’S MURDER: Investigations shouldn’t be focused on Kennedy Agyapong only – Criminologist
- AHMED’S MURDER: The Police shouldn’t consider Kennedy Agyapong as the prime suspect – Lawyer Afenyo Markin defends
- AHMED’S MURDER: John Jerry Rawlings blames Kennedy Agyapong
- PHOTOS: Anas’ murdered key partner, Ahmed Suale laid to rest
- I have not been arrested by the Police CID – Kennedy Agyapong
- BREAKING NEWS: Police CID ‘picks up’ Kennedy Agyapong over the murder of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed